MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on When The Wind Blows, plus links to write your own review.

When The Wind Blows

by James Patterson

When The Wind Blows by James Patterson X
When The Wind Blows by James Patterson

Oct 1998, 416 pages
    Oct 1999, 419 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for When The Wind Blows

carol keyes

when the wind blows and lake house
I thought they were both great books but have wondered when he is going to do a follow up on the 2nd generation of bird kids. I have been waiting a long time and have all the max books except the latest one
Anna

When The Wind Blows
I had just recently finished When the Wind Blows and was very pleased on what I was reading. James Patterson is a extremely excellent writer and I am very excited on reading The Lake House, his second book on this story line. I love Max, Frannie, Kit/Tom, and all the others and I'm very curious on what will happen in his second book
Dabooty or Darbsta

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
This book is very, very, good. James Patterson used so much detail that I felt like I was actually in the story. I would stay up until 12:00 every night because I could not put the book down.
I look forward to reading more of his books. So far I have read all four Maximum Rides and When the Wind Blows and I plan to read the rest of his books. Me and my family hope that he writes many more books for us to read. I hope he just keeps thinking the way he did when he wrote his earlier books. GOOD JOB!
Alexandria

Incredible!
As I read the book, I felt such a chill crawl down my back. I felt as though I was there, I was Max. Her fear became mine, every word of every sentence helped my imagination expand and draw out exactly what was happening in the story. As I slept, the story would play in my head as if it were a movie that I had just watched. Every page I read was intense, I could not help myself but to keep reading. Unable to stop, it became an addiction until i had read every page in the book. Only one word to explain the book, what I should have just said to summarize all the above... Amazing!!
Holly Norman

Incredible
I thought this book was very well written and intriguing. I enjoyed it very much and can not wait until I get to read the next book in the series or any book written by James Patterson. My mother also enjoyed this book very much. It had it all romance, adventure, drama, everything it was a perfect masterpiece.
christine

This is a great book! I was hooked from the first page until the last. I like its fast pace and its surprises. I especially like Max and her lines. Patterson really made her up to be a very smart girl. I think it's a cross between a sci-fi/medical thriller novel and I just love it! I can't wait to read its sequel. I've read a lot of Patterson's novels but this is the best so far!
aaron

i think this book is pretty good.... there isnt a lot of information on the book on websites. the book is farley long and thre should be some kind of notes on the book like spark notes and cliff notes. im doing a report and its way long. it is a well written book and a good plot.
caisi

this is an exellent book. i am 11 years old and i found this book in a old house in colorado.I read it and loved it. i have never read a book as good as this one.normaly i dont read big books but when i got into it i just couldnt stop. the author has a big and wonderful imagination.I would like to know if this book has been made into a movie? if it did i would be there when it comes out.sometimes i wish things like in the book happend (it would give a lot of adventure to my life). i hope theres gonna be more to the book.

The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed