Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of Daisy Jones & The Six, plus links to write your own review.

Daisy Jones & The Six

Lisa Butts

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Daisy Jones & The Six

Leslie

Surprise punch
A trip back 50 years to the LA music scene sounds like a great adventure with all the hot 70s music groups. And it was that, and more. Weaving my way through the story I was focusing on keeping the characters and relationships straight. I was not aware that the author was planting more than a simple tale of a rock group beneath the surface of my soul while I was not watching. When I got to the end of the book I was surprisingly emotionally affected by the revelations and fond of many of the characters I thought I would not relate to. I’m going to reread several parts of the book now that the characters are under my skin. I’d recommend Daisy Jones and the Six to book groups and friends.
techeditor

I liked this in spite of its fornat
DAISY JONES & THE SIX may take some getting used to at first. It is not in a novel's usual format. Taylor Jenkins Reid's intention was to write a novel that comes across as a documentary. But understand: this is a novel, fiction. It took me about a quarter of the book to decide I liked it.

Something else that may lead to misunderstanding is the cover. That is a picture of Daisy Jones, but the book is really about the whole band, including Daisy. It would have been nice to see, instead, the back cover of their hit album.

Every band member, including Daisy, tells their story. A few others, such as the writer for ROLLING STONE and The Six's manager, also chime in.

Daisy is a fabulous singer. The Six is a fabulous band. But, until they get together, neither has a hit song much less a hit album. Together they are magic.

But just about everyone in the band, especially Daisy, has problems they deal with. Probably, their biggest problem is all their drinking and drugging. They tell us about what they accomplish in spite of the problems and what brings them down because of them.

Somehow, Reid made me like this story a lot in spite of its format that I didn't like at first. I would suggest, though, that she include at the front of the book a list of characters with who each is.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

The Ways We Hide
by Kristina McMorris

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place