Reader reviews and comments on Meet Me at the Museum, plus links to write your own review.

Meet Me at the Museum

Aug 6, 2019, 288 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for Meet Me at the Museum

Mary A. (Columbus, OH)

Meet Me at the Museum by Anna Youngston
I hesitate to send this review because it is so negative. Meet Me at the Museum does not compare favorably to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: Mary Ann Shaffer  which thoroughly enjoyed.

I found the book to be tiresome, contrived and wordy. The pace was uneven. It began with a letter written by an English Farmer's wife, Tina Hopgood, written to Silkeborg Museum's curator, Kristian Larson. Tina wanted to know about the Tollund Man and the Bog people she had learned about in school. This correspondence evolved into a sharing of thoughts and confidences about their lives, and discovering they are two lonely people who have found each other. I did not like any of the characters.

Tollund Man

• Book Jacket: Savage Feast
    Savage Feast
    by Boris Fishman
    I adore authors who not only write about the big themes that possess them, but also drop little ...
  • Book Jacket: Lost Children Archive
    Lost Children Archive
    by Valeria Luiselli
    Lost Children Archive is a feast of language and storytelling that chronicles a family road trip ...
  • Book Jacket: The World According to Fannie Davis
    The World According to Fannie Davis
    by Bridgett M. Davis
    Devoted daughter Bridgett M. Davis was always inspired by her mother Fannie, who provided stability,...
  • Book Jacket: Territory of Light
    Territory of Light
    by Yuko Tsushima
    Set in Tokyo during the late 1970s, Yūko Tsushima's Territory of Light chronicles a year in the...

Book Club
The Half-Life of Everything
by Deborah Carol Gang

A beautifully written and uplifting debut novel.

Sounds Like Titanic
    by Jessica Chiccehitto Hindman

"A tricky, unnerving, consistently fascinating memoir."
    --Kirkus, starred review

The Lost Man
    by Jane Harper

A stunning standalone novel from New York Times bestseller Jane Harper.

Win The Climate Report

The Climate Report

"The most comprehensive assessment of the effects of climate change on the United States."
–The New York Times