Reader reviews and comments on Meet Me at the Museum, plus links to write your own review.

Meet Me at the Museum

Aug 6, 2019, 288 pages

There are currently 33 reader reviews for Meet Me at the Museum

Mary A. (Columbus, OH)

Meet Me at the Museum by Anna Youngston
I hesitate to send this review because it is so negative. Meet Me at the Museum does not compare favorably to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: Mary Ann Shaffer  which thoroughly enjoyed.

I found the book to be tiresome, contrived and wordy. The pace was uneven. It began with a letter written by an English Farmer's wife, Tina Hopgood, written to Silkeborg Museum's curator, Kristian Larson. Tina wanted to know about the Tollund Man and the Bog people she had learned about in school. This correspondence evolved into a sharing of thoughts and confidences about their lives, and discovering they are two lonely people who have found each other. I did not like any of the characters.

Tollund Man

• Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...
  • Book Jacket: Instructions for a Funeral
    Instructions for a Funeral
    by David Means
    Following a venture into novels with Hystopia in 2016, Instructions for a Funeral is a return to ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U