Reader reviews and comments on The Lost for Words Bookshop, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost for Words Bookshop

Davida Chazan

There is 1 reader review for The Lost for Words Bookshop

Djcminor

An Uplifting Read
I have been reading articles about Up Lit and books that fall into that category of uplifting, but not sugary sweet. The Lost for Words Bookshop fits into that mold. First, as a reviewer on Book Browse notes, what's not to love about a story set in a bookstore! Loveland's story is tragic and yet she comes out of a terrible situation and builds a life of her own. Over time, she learns about developing warm, loving relationships with a number of people. I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost for Words Bookshop!

Performance Poetry and Slams

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C