Reader reviews and comments on Picture Us In The Light, plus links to write your own review.

Picture Us In The Light

Michelle Anya Anjirbag

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Picture Us In The Light

Bea

Well Written Representation
This book kept me entertained from beginning to end. It was captivating and I think that some of the things that Danny goes through are definitely relatable to my life and the lives of my peers. The way that Gilbert foreshadowed made it easy to make basic predictions, but there were definitely still surprises and plot twists. This book is really like no other to me: it's full of representation, which while there is now more of, it's still hard to find a good book that properly represents people of different identities. Gilbert writes two complicated and deep characters who are LGBT without making that the focal point of who they are, which is something I think we need more of in YA literature. I would definitely recommend this book, it's a good story and worth the read.
Gretchen

Feels Like I Read it Already
I tried, but I just could not finish this book. I could only make it to chapter three. It is way too similar to several books that I have recently read, i.e. Starfish, (and I enjoyed those books so much more than this one). Asian boy wants to be an artist and struggles with finding himself as an artist. He also meets a potential teacher/ inspiration and I felt like he was not going to take her advice. I feel like there was probably a lot more to this story, especially with the main character's friends and parents, but I just could not get there. Maybe if the book led with what happened to their friend group (which I did not get to) I would have enjoyed it more? The story was going along really slowly and the prologue really confused me.

• Book Jacket: Trust Exercise
    Trust Exercise
    by Susan Choi
    At face value, Susan Choi's latest release, Trust Exercise, appears to be a familiar story. ...
  • Book Jacket: An American Summer
    An American Summer
    by Alex Kotlowitz
    As a Chicagoan, I've become used to the most common reactions when I'm traveling and tell someone ...
  • Book Jacket: The Sun Is a Compass
    The Sun Is a Compass
    by Caroline Van Hemert
    Caroline Van Hemert fell in love with her future husband, Pat, in 2001, discovering they shared a ...
  • Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Courting Mr. Lincoln
    by Louis Bayard

A master storyteller at the height of his powers, delivers a page-turning tale of love, longing, and forbidden possibilities.

Book Club
Fly Girls
by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Women Rowing North

The instant New York Times bestseller

A guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age.

A B Penny A T U