Reader reviews and comments on Picture Us In The Light, plus links to write your own review.

Picture Us In The Light

Michelle Anya Anjirbag

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Picture Us In The Light

Bea

Well Written Representation
This book kept me entertained from beginning to end. It was captivating and I think that some of the things that Danny goes through are definitely relatable to my life and the lives of my peers. The way that Gilbert foreshadowed made it easy to make basic predictions, but there were definitely still surprises and plot twists. This book is really like no other to me: it's full of representation, which while there is now more of, it's still hard to find a good book that properly represents people of different identities. Gilbert writes two complicated and deep characters who are LGBT without making that the focal point of who they are, which is something I think we need more of in YA literature. I would definitely recommend this book, it's a good story and worth the read.
Gretchen

Feels Like I Read it Already
I tried, but I just could not finish this book. I could only make it to chapter three. It is way too similar to several books that I have recently read, i.e. Starfish, (and I enjoyed those books so much more than this one). Asian boy wants to be an artist and struggles with finding himself as an artist. He also meets a potential teacher/ inspiration and I felt like he was not going to take her advice. I feel like there was probably a lot more to this story, especially with the main character's friends and parents, but I just could not get there. Maybe if the book led with what happened to their friend group (which I did not get to) I would have enjoyed it more? The story was going along really slowly and the prologue really confused me.

• Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...

Force of Nature
by Jane Harper

As atmospheric, tense, and explosive as her New York Times bestselling debut, The Dry!

House of Stone
    by Novuyo Rosa Tshuma

A masterful debut, pulsing with dark humor, that explores the often destructive act of history-making.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M