What readers think of Children of Blood and Bone, plus links to write your own review.

Children of Blood and Bone

Mar 2019, 560 pages

Michelle Anya Anjirbag

There is 1 reader review for Children of Blood and Bone

Ambitious Ashley

The Book I didn't know I needed!!!
I absolutely loved this book. I gave me such a beautiful cultural aspect that I have been missing my whole life. I grew up as a black girl in America with no cultural background to my roots. I have friends of multiple ethnicities who can say, "I'm Irish, Swedish, Mexican, German, or Hmong." My family and I have no knowledge if our African roots are Nigerian, South African, Ghanian, etc. I was never able to relate to the kids in my class who knew their backgrounds. Although with this book being based in Orisha which I believe is Nigeria in our world. I loved the description of the land, the people and most importantly, the use of Yoruba (an language used in Nigeria as well as other African countries). This book was soooo relatable, it is the me.

There was so much politics, economic hardships, prejudice that made this so real. I enjoyed every aspect of this book. I am a slow reader, so it took me time to get through this book, but part 2 Children of Virtue and Vengeance there was so much action that I could not help to but read that rapidly!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...
    The Last Mona Lisa
    by Jonathan Santlofer
    In 1911, the Mona Lisa disappeared from its home at the Louvre in Paris. It took two years for the ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T