What readers think of Children of Blood and Bone, plus links to write your own review.

Children of Blood and Bone

Mar 2019, 560 pages

Michelle Anya Anjirbag

There is 1 reader review for Children of Blood and Bone

Ambitious Ashley

The Book I didn't know I needed!!!
I absolutely loved this book. I gave me such a beautiful cultural aspect that I have been missing my whole life. I grew up as a black girl in America with no cultural background to my roots. I have friends of multiple ethnicities who can say, "I'm Irish, Swedish, Mexican, German, or Hmong." My family and I have no knowledge if our African roots are Nigerian, South African, Ghanian, etc. I was never able to relate to the kids in my class who knew their backgrounds. Although with this book being based in Orisha which I believe is Nigeria in our world. I loved the description of the land, the people and most importantly, the use of Yoruba (an language used in Nigeria as well as other African countries). This book was soooo relatable, it is the me.

There was so much politics, economic hardships, prejudice that made this so real. I enjoyed every aspect of this book. I am a slow reader, so it took me time to get through this book, but part 2 Children of Virtue and Vengeance there was so much action that I could not help to but read that rapidly!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide