Reader reviews and comments on Sometimes I Lie, plus links to write your own review.

by Alice Feeney

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney X
Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

Mar 2018, 272 pages
    Oct 2018, 288 pages

There are currently 51 reader reviews for Sometimes I Lie

Kathy G. (Danville, CA)

Sometimes I Lie
My first comment would be to slow down and savor the twists and turns. I read it way too fast and now I am happy to say, "I am going to read it again". Sometimes I Lie is a well written page turner/thriller that will appeal to book groups as well as many ages. I am so impressed that this is the author's fist book. It is one of the best I have ever read!
Loves to Read (SF Bay Area)

Filled with Surprises!
Wow! This book was filled with unexpected twists and surprises. Just when I thought I had it figured out....the author switched gears and the book took another turn down another dark hall! I did not want this book to end and limited myself to a few chapters a day. If you enjoy suspense and intrigue, this is the book for you!!!
Susan P. (Boston, MA)

Sometimes I Lie
This slow-burner twisty tale of friends and sisters is almost dizzying. Just as you've settled on what is happening in the life (and what happened in the past) of the main narrator, you start to realize something is very, very wrong. It's more than a case of an unreliable narrator; it's sociopathy at its creepiest. And exactly who IS the narrator? And the hairs on the back of your neck will shoot out at the end!
Marion C. (Litchfield, NH)

Sometimes I Lie, Alice Feeney
This novel begins with a bang. "My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me: 1. I'm in a coma.
2. My husband doesn't love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie."
What a dynamic opening that moves this story right along! Why is Amber in a coma? She neither speaks, nor opens her eyes, although she can hear. She doesn't remember the event that put her in a coma, just the events from her 1991 diaries. Her chapters switch from "Before", "Then", and "Now". I enjoyed the novelty of this unusual set-up.

Alice Feeney cleverly weaves the events from 1991 into the events happening now, 2016. She ties all events together and makes this novel a very pleasant read. At the conclusion, we learn three different things about Amber. I highly recommend Sometimes I Lie. It is an excellent read and would make an ideal choice for a book club
Janice C. (Hayward, CA)

Sometimes I Lie
Great book.. Had a hard time putting it down. Will be recommending it to my book club.
Susan H. (Mount Kisco, NY)

scary good!
I cannot wait for the next book by this author! I liked all the characters ... even the imaginary people. I didn't want to put the book down, but I also didn't want to finish it. There were so many twists and turns I had to re-read sections and re-read again. Wow!
Jennifer H. (Mishawaka, IN)

Sometimes I Lie
Holy Cow! What a wild ride. Sometimes I Lie is a terrific read. The plot is like an onion; layer after layer of revelations about the cast of characters. It's complex, twisted and dark. It is very much in the genre of Gone Girl, and Girl on Train, and every bit as good as either, perhaps even better. The short chapters make it ever so tempting to read "just one more" before calling it a night. A tough book to put down, and equally tough to process. Who was the most psychotic of the cast of characters? Might have to read this one again!
Liz D. (East Falmouth, MA)

Rollercoaster Thrills
Sometimes I Lie is like taking a rollercoaster ride through a dark tunnel the reader never knows what will happen next. This fast paced thriller keeps the reader on the edge of their seat for all 200 pages. The twists and turns are numerous and the characters unreliable.

Especially the narrator Amber Reynolds who spends a good part of the book in a coma.

The premise is interesting because we see many things in daily life which aren't as they appear to be and we judge them with a limited knowledge of the truth.
Are our perceptions true or do we take to another place to satisfy our inner self?

This was a great first book I will look for more thoughtful thrillers from Alice Feeney in the future

Coma

• Book Jacket: The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
  • Book Jacket: Marilou Is Everywhere
    Marilou Is Everywhere
    by Sarah Elaine Smith
    "The point is that at that moment in my life," writes the narrator of Sarah Elaine Smith's debut ...
  • Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winemaker's Wife
    The Winemaker's Wife
    by Kristin Harmel
    Liv Kent's world is falling apart. After 12 years of marriage, her husband has decided he's done, ...

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

A tale of courage in the face of arrogance that remains eerily relevant on U.S. campuses today.

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Book Club
Today We Go Home
by Kelli Estes

Illuminating and deeply human, Today We Go Home shines a light on the brave military women of the past and present.

Win Chase Darkness with Me

How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder? Gather the clues the police overlooked? Put together the pieces? Identify the suspect?

S S A C A Big S