MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Wife Between Us, plus links to write your own review.

The Wife Between Us

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Wife Between Us

Mary Challis

WOO HOOO! BRILLIANT
OMG!!! This book is fantastic!! Part One is a page turner, but as soon as you read the last page of that section and start Part Two you MUST give up life as you know It and dedicate it to this book!! The authors wrote it so well I was surprised, but thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns. Every part was wrapped up so well, I wasn't left hanging. This is a must read book!!!
Jess

A-MAZ-ING!
Holy cow! This book is why I read psychological thrillers! It puts the maze in amazing! When I say I had to go back and reread certain parts just to be sure I didn't misread something or just miss a part altogether, I don't mean it in a bad way...I mean it messed with my head to the point I didn't know if I could trust the words I just read on a previous page....and I LOVED it! It left me second and third guessing everyone and everything! The characters came to life in such a way that I felt I was trying to fight my way out of their mess right along with them! Can not wait for another fantastic read from Sarah and Greer!
lani

Assume Nothing
When a book makes you literally gasp midway, you can bet that you have your hands on a winner. The twists and turns in this novel were totally unpredictable and enthralling. Vanessa Thompson's ex is about to be married to another woman. She has been left with nothing after a seemingly blissful marriage complete with travel, expensive clothes and jewelry. Now she lives with her maiden aunt and has a job at Saks Fifth Avenue. She begins to stalk the woman to try to convince her to not marry him. However, NOTHING is like it seems. The novel keeps turning itself on its head with great intrigue of lies, duplicity and cheating...A perfect way to start off the new year with a terrific read.
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews

The Wife Between Us
Don't marry Richard...you don't know what you are getting yourself into.

Vanessa was Richard's first wife and wanted to warn her replacement to not marry Richard. Vanessa also had some mental issues or maybe she didn’t and was made to think she did.

The entire book was a guess what or guess who and then it all became changed with a new guess what or guess who.

THE WIFE BETWEEN US switches back and forth in time with all the characters. The book gives hints about the main issue, the husband, and his possessiveness, but it is very subtle.

THE WIFE BETWEEN US was confusing but a good confusing because the authors wanted it that way…brilliant tactic!!

The ending had me saying HMMMMM, but the only way to experience the book is to make sure you read it yourself and form your own opinion. I don't think anyone can tell you what to think or surmise. 4/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.
Steph

Dark and twisty
I want to avoid as much plot as possible because I don’t want to ruin a single thing. There are some fantastic twisty bits to The Wife Between Us that genuinely run you over like a semi truck and I don’t want to offer any hints. I did have to go back and reread some portions to try and suss out exactly what was going on. You’ll need to use your brain a bit for this one.

Vanessa, ex-wife to Richard, is down on her luck and living in a small apartment with her aunt. Post divorce, she’s gone from housewife to retail hell at Saks. She’s an addict, alcohol being her drug of choice. I think that was one major thing that bothered me about The Wife Between Us. It’s very en vogue these days to use alcohol issues as the perfect foil to create an unreliable narrator. It’s been done several times and ways and every time I’m left feeling a little cold.

Nellie, Richard’s soon to be new wife, is the anti-Vanessa. She’s bright, teaches pre-school and is a genuinely happy and refreshing interval every other chapter. Where Vanessa is dark and brooding, Nellie is light and joyful… until Richard’s ex starts to turn up. Or so it seems.

Initially I gave The Wife Between Us three stars. Then I thought about the book for a few days, always a good sign, and bumped it to 3.5. And then I sat down to review it today and thought “what the heck” and put it up to four. The fact that I’m still thinking about it even two weeks later means it has stuck with me, and with as many books as I read that’s quite an accomplishment.
Mal

Disappointing
Disappointing. No suspense and the twists were silly. There was no real chemistry between the characters, they felt wooden. The tempo of the plot dragged on, and I realized early on the direction of characters and plot. The ending was flat and safe. The bones of the narrative has been written countless times before, nothing special in this interpretation. Totally not what I was hoping for.

The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon

Delayed Rays of a Star
    by Amanda Lee Koe
    Amanda Lee Koe's Delayed Rays of a Star begins with a late-1920s photo of three women at a party in ...
  • Book Jacket: Sleepovers
    Sleepovers
    by Ashleigh Bryant Phillips
    In Ashleigh Bryant Phillips' debut story collection, Sleepovers, it can be difficult to keep tabs on...
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
    Cantoras
    by Carolina De Robertis
    Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis follows five characters who share a house, troubles, joys and parts...

The Voyage of the Morning Light
    by Marina Endicott

A sweeping novel set aboard a merchant ship sailing through the South Pacific in 1912.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Of Bears and Ballots

An Alaskan Adventure in Small-Town Politics

A charming account of holding local office with an entertaining, quirky cast of characters.

A S Louder T W