Reader reviews and comments on The Twelve-Mile Straight, plus links to write your own review.

The Twelve-Mile Straight

by Eleanor Henderson

The Twelve-Mile Straight by Eleanor Henderson X
The Twelve-Mile Straight by Eleanor Henderson

Sep 2017, 560 pages
    Sep 18, 2018, 560 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for The Twelve-Mile Straight

Eileen F. (Green Valley, AZ)

Great read.
This was a fantastic book of Cotton County, Georgia, during the sharecropper era. The writing is fantastic, sensitive, and daunting. Would love to be in a book group that discusses it. My own personal drawback, was the movement of the story back and forth, from present to past. When writers put the date of time, at the being of the chapter, one is able to put their mind quickly to the flow of the story. It maybe that I am 70 and I need the transition anchoring. Would recommend this book to my friends.
Jillf

Disappointed
I had high hopes for this book starting out. I love historical novels. Maybe that's part of the problem, I felt like I had already read this one. At the middle of the book I wished they would just get it over with already! While the ending was a bit of a surprise it wasn't enough to make all of endless chapters worth it. It's not a bad book It just went on much longer than necessary.

• Book Jacket: Treeborne
    Treeborne
    by Caleb Johnson
    The Treeborne family has lived on The Seven – the local sobriquet for a seven-acre stretch of ...
    Grace