What readers think of Holding Up the Universe, plus links to write your own review.

Holding Up the Universe

Donna Chavez

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Holding Up the Universe

Amy Osborne

my favourite book
I just love everything about this book. The plot is amazing, Jack and Libby are such unique characters and the storyline is just so interesting. It didn't take me long to finish this book because I didn't want to put it down. I love it. I highly recommend it.
Vanessa Alexander

Everything and More.
This book is everything every teen need to read, because not only does the author discuss physical issues, but mental as well. She talks about body image, and makes the reader relate to the feeling of looking at a crowd and not recognising anyone, which I personally relate to, because there is a point in everyone's life where you just don't anyone anymore, and although Jacks problem is much more serious, it still relates, which is something that I love.
Elli

Bland, cookie-cutter, and badly paced.
This book tried way too hard to be a "quirky pairing", it was boring, bland, hard to follow, and terribly paced. I am very disappointed.
Someone

It's a no from me
I found this book online and I had really high hopes about it. I had read a lot of good reviews on this book, how the author relates to teens who don't fit in, how it not only talks about physical issues but mental too. When I started reading it I was really into it, how Libby punched Jack in the face and all. But through the book, when Libby and Jack started getting attracted to each other I didn't get it, I couldn't relate to their attraction, I couldn't break it down and explain in to myself. Not only are their feelings not in detail but the attraction are not good described. Jack would be like "I really like how she says my name", but how does she say it jack? why is it making you feel like that? however the author does go into why Jack was into Caroline. And the same goes for Libby. Every single guy acts as a jerk towards her, but she still falls for jack? why him? because of his mental illness?

Prosopagnosia - Face Blindness

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: All That She Carried
    All That She Carried
    by Tiya Miles
    For Rose of Charleston, South Carolina, it was an ordinary day until it wasn't. When it turned out ...
    Migrations
    by Charlotte McConaghy
    Migrations, Australian author Charlotte McConaghy's literary fiction debut, earned a notably high ...
  • Book Jacket: The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel
    Kristin Harmel's historical novel The Forest of Vanishing Stars was very well-received by our First ...
  • Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Sunset Route
    by Carrot Quinn

A beautiful memoir about forgiveness, self-discovery, and the redemptive power of nature.

Win This Book!
Win The Debt Trap

The Debt Trap
by Josh Mitchell

"A meticulous, eye-opening history of the US student debt crisis."
—Publishers Weekly