Reader reviews and comments on Holding Up the Universe, plus links to write your own review.

Holding Up the Universe

Donna Chavez

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Holding Up the Universe

Vanessa Alexander

Everything and More.
This book is everything every teen need to read, because not only does the author discuss physical issues, but mental as well. She talks about body image, and makes the reader relate to the feeling of looking at a crowd and not recognising anyone, which I personally relate to, because there is a point in everyone's life where you just don't anyone anymore, and although Jacks problem is much more serious, it still relates, which is something that I love.
Someone

It's a no from me
I found this book online and I had really high hopes about it. I had read a lot of good reviews on this book, how the author relates to teens who don't fit in, how it not only talks about physical issues but mental too. When I started reading it I was really into it, how Libby punched Jack in the face and all. But through the book, when Libby and Jack started getting attracted to each other I didn't get it, I couldn't relate to their attraction, I couldn't break it down and explain in to myself. Not only are their feelings not in detail but the attraction are not good described. Jack would be like "I really like how she says my name", but how does she say it jack? why is it making you feel like that? however the author does go into why Jack was into Caroline. And the same goes for Libby. Every single guy acts as a jerk towards her, but she still falls for jack? why him? because of his mental illness?

Prosopagnosia - Face Blindness

• Book Jacket: The Immortalists
    The Immortalists
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    The Hearts of Men
    by Nickolas Butler
    Set mostly in the woodlands of north Wisconsin, Nikolas Butler spins a familial saga that explores ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win The Driest Season

Win One of 50 Copies of This Exceptional Debut!

A deeply affecting story of loss, heartache, and—finally—hope.

A J O A Thousand M B W O S