Reader reviews and comments on Holding Up the Universe, plus links to write your own review.

Holding Up the Universe

Donna Chavez

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Holding Up the Universe

Vanessa Alexander

Everything and More.
This book is everything every teen need to read, because not only does the author discuss physical issues, but mental as well. She talks about body image, and makes the reader relate to the feeling of looking at a crowd and not recognising anyone, which I personally relate to, because there is a point in everyone's life where you just don't anyone anymore, and although Jacks problem is much more serious, it still relates, which is something that I love.
Elli

Bland, cookie-cutter, and badly paced.
This book tried way too hard to be a "quirky pairing", it was boring, bland, hard to follow, and terribly paced. I am very disappointed.
Someone

It's a no from me
I found this book online and I had really high hopes about it. I had read a lot of good reviews on this book, how the author relates to teens who don't fit in, how it not only talks about physical issues but mental too. When I started reading it I was really into it, how Libby punched Jack in the face and all. But through the book, when Libby and Jack started getting attracted to each other I didn't get it, I couldn't relate to their attraction, I couldn't break it down and explain in to myself. Not only are their feelings not in detail but the attraction are not good described. Jack would be like "I really like how she says my name", but how does she say it jack? why is it making you feel like that? however the author does go into why Jack was into Caroline. And the same goes for Libby. Every single guy acts as a jerk towards her, but she still falls for jack? why him? because of his mental illness?

Prosopagnosia - Face Blindness

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!