Reader reviews and comments on The Mothers, plus links to write your own review.

The Mothers

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for The Mothers

takingmytime

Plethora of Human Issues
A debut book that hits on a plethora of human issues - teen pregnancy, suicide, and abortion among others. It was the intertwined stories of Aubrey, Nadia, and Luke, three black teens in San Diego, and how the choices they made, the secrets they kept and the regrets they had, shaped their destinies.
At times I felt like this novel was like moving puzzle pieces toward a completion that just never quite fit together. I felt the ending to this story was overly abrupt. This book just did not pull at my heart strings, as I had hoped it would.
With that said, Bennett is a new author and one I will watch and read again, in hopes of benefiting from her continued writing experience.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Strangers in Budapest
    by Jessica Keener

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

E Dog H I D