What readers think of All the Ugly and Wonderful Things, plus links to write your own review.

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things

by Bryn Greenwood

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood X
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

Aug 2016, 352 pages
    Oct 2017, 432 pages

There are currently 34 reader reviews for All the Ugly and Wonderful Things

Sylvia G. (Scottsdale, AZ)

More than ugly and not so wonderful
What a difficult book to review. It began promising and was very well written but ultimately I could not get over the inappropriate and overly sexual relationship between a child and a very grown man. Although the book tried to justify their "love", I couldn't buy it and found therefore that the whole premise of the novel was sick. How can you root for a thirteen year old girl and a 25 year old man to get together? Ugh!
Marcia F. (Batavia, IL)

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
Bryn Greenwood is a very good story teller with well developed characters and excellent descriptions.. To me, however, the subject matter in "All the Ugly and Wonderful Things" is very disturbing and not a subject I enjoyed reading about. Because of this, I am sorry, but I cannot recommend this book.

Age of Consent

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Klara and the Sun
    Klara and the Sun
    by Kazuo Ishiguro
    Klara and the Sun by Nobel Prize-winning author Kazuo Ishiguro drops the reader into a fictional ...
  • Book Jacket: The Lost Apothecary
    The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner
    Sarah Penner's debut novel The Lost Apothecary was rated 4 or 5 stars by 22 of our 23 First ...
  • Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...

The Phone Booth at the Edge of the World
    by Laura Imai Messina

The international bestselling novel inspired by a real Japanese phone booth.

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

What is the weight of the stories we choose to tell...and the burdens of those we hide?

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis