Reader reviews and comments on Firebird, plus links to write your own review.

Firebird

by Janice Graham

Firebird

Jun 1998, 301 pages
    Jul 1999, 335 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Firebird

Anonymous (12/03/01)

I was always told that I was good with words because I love writing and plan to be a writer myself, but one of the few things I can barely put into words are my feelings of "Firebird". I came across the book at a book sale; I was just browsing and looking for nothing in particular, and then I came across it. Something compelled me to buy and I only took two breaks reading it because of sleep. I've read many books, but this one is by far my favorite because Janice Graham grabbed my heart, put it in the pages of the book, and made me connect to the readers with feeling; which is what literature is all about-exploring the human condition. I cried a river when I finished the last page and I could barely contain the magnitude of my emotions. We often times read books to escape reality, but this amazing book tells us of reality and by connecting with these characters we can discover that we aren't alone in our problems. Even though the characters are fictional, we know in our hearts that they are real people-and that's why we can relate to this heartbreaking, yet true book. Keep writing Janice.... *Connie*

Kathryn
I came across this book while living in Arizona, I remember picking it up because the cover reminded me of home. After reading the book, I loaned it to a friend, who loaned it to a friend, who loaned it to a friend etc.
Well, since then, I've returned to Kansas, of course with out the book, and was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what book of poetry Ethan gave to Annette to read. The passage in the story was beautiful and left me craving more. Can anyone please help me out? Looking forward to Janice Graham's next book . . . . . Kathryn music_78_girl@hotmail.com

Rachel Garrett
Janice Graham didn't miss a single life experience in her carefully crafted creation. The lives of her characters come to life as she interweaves the tapestry of their lives. I started this book and didn't put it down until I turned the last page. Whew!

Leah
I love this book...I find I am having a hard time writing a review good enough to give it justice. I cried many times...this book moved me in a way no other has.

Donna Massart
I have read several books in the past that I didn't want to put down, but this book was so interesting that I did not put it down until I completed it. I was so disappointed to learn that this was her first novel. I wanted to rush to the bookstore and buy everything else she had written.

Bettye Herlocker
I just finished listening to the tape and found it to be a wonderful book. I couldn't wait to finish it and then was sad that it was finished! This author is destined to be great.

Stalin's Daughter

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All