MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tender, plus links to write your own review.

Tender

Feb 2017, 432 pages

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for Tender

gail geary

Gutter language and filler language.
Tender is a very misleading title. The most used word in the book is "fuck". Most of the characters use it. The portrayal of casual sex, shagging, is even encouraged by the parents of the college students.
The reason that Sharon Stone showed herself in Fatal Attraction was to promote sales. I think it is a shame that reviewers of this book are blindsighted by the plot and the last chapters of poetic language. I am a former English teacher and attorney. Just because we have freedom of speech doesn't mean that we should forget our civility and our literary heritage.

• Book Jacket: The Revisioners
    The Revisioners
    by Margaret Wilkerson Sexton
    The chapters of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton's second novel, The Revisioners, alternate between three ...
  • Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Father of Lions
    by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Creatures
    by Crissy Van Meter

Set on the eve of an island wedding, this provocative debut novel exerts a pull as strong as the tides.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

I I A Broke, D F I