MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Tender, plus links to write your own review.

Tender

Feb 2017, 432 pages

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for Tender

gail geary

Gutter language and filler language.
Tender is a very misleading title. The most used word in the book is "fuck". Most of the characters use it. The portrayal of casual sex, shagging, is even encouraged by the parents of the college students.
The reason that Sharon Stone showed herself in Fatal Attraction was to promote sales. I think it is a shame that reviewers of this book are blindsighted by the plot and the last chapters of poetic language. I am a former English teacher and attorney. Just because we have freedom of speech doesn't mean that we should forget our civility and our literary heritage.

• Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

He Started It
    by Samantha Downing

A new thriller from the twisted mind behind the mega hit My Lovely Wife.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M