What readers think of The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Aug 2016, 384 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Sue C

Excellent Story!
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes is so gut wrenching but so funny! And sometimes the author will reach into your emotions so deeply but....at the same time....find your funny bone that you are laughing and crying at the same time!!! A absolutely wonderful book! Read it!!!!??
Marcia

compelling
Rabbit Hayes remembers her life with happiness. Loved the British music scene this book describes. Hard to put down book.
Rita K. (Bannockburn, IL)

A great story surrounding the end of a wonderful life
I've never read a book by Anna McPartlin before and wasn't sure what to expect. The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes was wonderfully written. The way Anna combined the past and present helped me to understand the love and pain her family and friends were going through in her final days.

I plan on recommending this book to both of my book groups. I'm sure that will love it as much as I did.
Dawn Z. (Canton, MI)

A very realistic and poignant story
I recently witnessed my father's illness and decline, and his (and my entire family's) experience with hospice. The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes was a very realistic and beautiful story about the end of a life, and how life goes on for the family. I enjoyed this book immensely and I highly recommend it.
Dannielle I. (Wilmington, DE)

Bring Your Tissues
First, let me start off by saying, I'm a crier. That being said, this is a sad book. Right off, you know there's not going to be a miracle. But once you accept the fact that Rabbit Hayes is going to die of cancer, it leaves you free to enjoy the close relationships she has with her entire family. This book is more about family and less about dying. In the end, it was uplifting in a way I didn't see coming. I enjoyed it very much.
Maggie S. (Durango, CO)

The Last Days Of Rabbit Hayes
The novel "The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes" by Anna McPartlen is the story of a young woman who is dying. It is a story of a family and how they get through this heart wrenching emotional stage of their lives. Although the book was very difficult to read, through all of my tears, I fell in love with every one of the characters. It was a real family with all of the love and anger and forgiveness and laughter that make a family what it is.
Susie J. (Fort Wayne,, IN)

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes
From the title of this novel, the reader know from the outset its ending. As a breast cancer survivor, I was not sure I could see it through. Several times I put it down, not wanting to face what had to be coming - but I am ever so glad that I went back to finish. This is a rich and rewarding book in oh, so many ways. The characters are so well developed, and though Rabbit is seriously ill, through flashback her character is very strongly developed. The theme of family and friends is developed throughout in honest and realistic terms, and this reader found herself becoming part of both groups. What I love the very best of this book though is the author's strong affirmation for both life and death, and the indelible link between the two. This is a beautiful, rich, and rewarding story in more ways than you can imagine. Read it as a gift to yourself.
Karen J. (Bremerton, WA)

Pleasant Surprise
I am at that age where death has a frequent presence in my life so I was apprehensive, yet curious, about how the author would handle the subject. To my pleasant surprise, Rabbit Hayes is a well told story - not about dying, but about living until you die. More, it is a story about family and friends who take that journey with Rabbit. Death and dying are part of our lives and this author sensitively translates the process, leading me to feel privileged to have shared it with the characters. Highly recommend. Lots of food for book club discussion.

Uplifting Books

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Yonder
    Yonder
    by Jabari Asim
    The captivating historical novel Yonder turns an intimate lens towards the tragedy and survivorship ...
  • Book Jacket: Churchill's Shadow
    Churchill's Shadow
    by Geoffrey Wheatcroft
    Another book about Winston Churchill? Even with the astronomical number of titles written about the ...
  • Book Jacket: 1000 Years of Joys and Sorrows
    1000 Years of Joys and Sorrows
    by Ai Weiwei
    Ai Weiwei is such an influential and innovative artist and activist that a memoir focused purely on ...
  • Book Jacket: Honor
    Honor
    by Thrity Umrigar
    First Impressions readers enjoyed being transported to India via Thrity Umrigar's novel Honor, with ...

My Broken Language
by Quiara Alegría Hudes
A Pulitzer Prize–winning playwright tells her lyrical coming of age story in a sprawling Puerto Rican family.

Free
    by Lea Ypi

"Nothing short of a masterpiece."
    Publishers Weekly

The Paris Bookseller
    by Kerri Maher

How a humble bookseller fought incredible odds to bring one of the 20th century's most important books to the world.

The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.

A P O B Y Houses