Reader reviews and comments on The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Aug 2016, 384 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes

Marcia

compelling
Rabbit Hayes remembers her life with happiness. Loved the British music scene this book describes. Hard to put down book.
Sue C

Excellent Story!
The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes is so gut wrenching but so funny! And sometimes the author will reach into your emotions so deeply but....at the same time....find your funny bone that you are laughing and crying at the same time!!! A absolutely wonderful book! Read it!!!!??
Rita K. (Bannockburn, IL)

A great story surrounding the end of a wonderful life
I've never read a book by Anna McPartlin before and wasn't sure what to expect. The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes was wonderfully written. The way Anna combined the past and present helped me to understand the love and pain her family and friends were going through in her final days.

I plan on recommending this book to both of my book groups. I'm sure that will love it as much as I did.
Dawn Z. (Canton, MI)

A very realistic and poignant story
I recently witnessed my father's illness and decline, and his (and my entire family's) experience with hospice. The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes was a very realistic and beautiful story about the end of a life, and how life goes on for the family. I enjoyed this book immensely and I highly recommend it.
Dannielle I. (Wilmington, DE)

Bring Your Tissues
First, let me start off by saying, I'm a crier. That being said, this is a sad book. Right off, you know there's not going to be a miracle. But once you accept the fact that Rabbit Hayes is going to die of cancer, it leaves you free to enjoy the close relationships she has with her entire family. This book is more about family and less about dying. In the end, it was uplifting in a way I didn't see coming. I enjoyed it very much.
Maggie S. (Durango, CO)

The Last Days Of Rabbit Hayes
The novel "The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes" by Anna McPartlen is the story of a young woman who is dying. It is a story of a family and how they get through this heart wrenching emotional stage of their lives. Although the book was very difficult to read, through all of my tears, I fell in love with every one of the characters. It was a real family with all of the love and anger and forgiveness and laughter that make a family what it is.
Karen J. (Bremerton, WA)

Pleasant Surprise
I am at that age where death has a frequent presence in my life so I was apprehensive, yet curious, about how the author would handle the subject. To my pleasant surprise, Rabbit Hayes is a well told story - not about dying, but about living until you die. More, it is a story about family and friends who take that journey with Rabbit. Death and dying are part of our lives and this author sensitively translates the process, leading me to feel privileged to have shared it with the characters. Highly recommend. Lots of food for book club discussion.
Susie J. (Fort Wayne,, IN)

The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes
From the title of this novel, the reader know from the outset its ending. As a breast cancer survivor, I was not sure I could see it through. Several times I put it down, not wanting to face what had to be coming - but I am ever so glad that I went back to finish. This is a rich and rewarding book in oh, so many ways. The characters are so well developed, and though Rabbit is seriously ill, through flashback her character is very strongly developed. The theme of family and friends is developed throughout in honest and realistic terms, and this reader found herself becoming part of both groups. What I love the very best of this book though is the author's strong affirmation for both life and death, and the indelible link between the two. This is a beautiful, rich, and rewarding story in more ways than you can imagine. Read it as a gift to yourself.

Uplifting Books

• Book Jacket: The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock
    The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock
    by Imogen Hermes Gowar
    The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock, the debut novel from brilliant new literary talent Imogen Hermes Gowar...
  • Book Jacket: Rust & Stardust
    Rust & Stardust
    by T Greenwood
    Highly readable and tightly plotted, T. Greenwood's Rust and Stardust achieves the perfect ...
  • Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...

The Winter Soldier by Daniel Mason

A story of war and medicine, of finding love in the sweeping tides of history, and of the mistakes we make.

French Exit
    by Patrick deWitt

A brilliant and darkly comic novel from bestselling author Patrick deWitt.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter