What readers think of Welcome To The World, Baby Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

by Fannie Flagg

Welcome To The World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg X
Welcome To The World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg

Sep 1998, 467 pages

Dec 1999, 396 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

Pepper Pivar
I throughly enjoyed every moment or page reading Welcome Home Baby Girl.
I have read this delightful delightful story and have recommended it to
anyone who will listen to me.
This is the first time I have
ever done this. Believe it or not I intend to read this book at least one
or two or even three more times.

Danielle
Being an avid fan of Fried Green Tomatoes, I was initially disappointed to see that Flagg had strayed from her traditional Southern utopia, but it didn't take me more than a few chapters to fall in love with this fresh cast of characters. I am using Flagg's books for a Senior (high school) Thesis, and this is the best novel (over all) I've read yet. I'm dying for her to write a sequel!!

Fernanda
I must confess that I came to read this book long before "Green fried tomatoes" and it really captivated me. I loved the human warmth that transpires from every one of the book pages, I easily fell in love with the characters that became so real, so vivid that at times you feel you know exactly how they look and what they think. Reading this book was pure delight for me and I warmly recommend it to everyone who enjoys a good, heart-wrenching story.

Laura
This book was a bit of a disappointment as I was really expecting another story like "Fried Green Tomatoes." I love Fannie Flagg but she left the south for this one and ended up in the 1970's Manhattan. It's not her best work, but also not a terrible read.

Abigail
As I finished this book for the first time I turned to the front to begin reading again. It is a captivating story, made all the more so through the way in which the tale is told from so many viewpoints, with the ordinary lives of the characters described so well you feel you know them intimately. The storytelling is compelling and you are well able to imagine such characters existing and follow their train of thought. As the story unfolds slowly you become less and less able to put this book down- I highly recommend it.

Cathy
I found myself staying up way past my bedtime reading this book. My only regret is that I finished it so quickly.

Christy Lyke
I couldn't put this book down! Every time I thought I had it figured out, something new would be added. The characters are so real, I think I know them. It's the best of the three of Ms. Flagg's books. Keep up the good work, Fannie.

Mandy Martin
Welcome To The World, Baby Girl, is hands down the best novel I have ever read. It's not sophisticated, it's not controversial, and it's not disturbing. It's much better. Welcome To The World, Baby Girl is a must-read for anyone who needs to be reminded of all the simple pleasures in life that abound in small towns across America.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    Now Is Not the Time to Panic
    by Kevin Wilson

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.