Reader reviews and comments on The Nightingale, plus links to write your own review.

The Nightingale

Apr 2017, 592 pages

There are currently 53 reader reviews for The Nightingale

JJB

Great Read about WWII in France
Excellent book. Highly recommend!
K.McBride

The Best Book I Have Ever Read
I used to teach high school English, so I have read more than my share of novels. I used to read them and make AR tests so the kids would have books to read that they liked. I preferred mysteries but could not help but read a novel with so many star reviews. I reluctantly bought it and for the next two days I cried, laughed, hoped, hurt, etc. It affected me profoundly. I cannot recommend this novel enough. Even if it is not your usual genre, read the sample and you will be hooked.
Soft Fuzzy Sweater

Inspired
I have read Kristen Hannah's other books and considered then 'soap operas on vellum'-that is, angst ridden, tear jerkers. Where did 'The Nightingale" come from? There is a lot of emotion in it, but the characters are brave and daring--they act! I believe Ms. Hannah was 'channeling' the spirit of departed Maque fighter.
Susan Amon

Excellent
I debated reading this book as I feared it would be sad and while it had sadness, the hope and strength of the sisters prevailed and it was an excellent read.
gloria kessinger

Good Screams for "Last Scream"
Very seldom have I read a book that I couldn"t put down, but "Last Scream" was it! This book is so in-depth, and so engrossing it totally draws you into the story.
There is a killer stalking women who have already suffered abuse in their home lives. Try as hard as you may, you still won't be able to figure out who this is until the explosive ending!
There is a titillating love affair between an F.B.I. Agent and and Texas Ranger. But what is so beautiful, you get to use your imagination.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery/thrillers. Snatch this book off the shelf, or for your Kindle, as quick as you can, of you will be missing one of the best books of the season!
gloria kessinger

Eye-Opener to "Nightscream"
OMG, Morgan Hannah McDonald has done it again with "Nigthtscream"! This is one of the creepiest, yet one or the best thrillers I've ever read. It is not only one, but two thrillers in one book. After reading "Sandman", her previous book, the characters were so familiar, it was like greeting family members. The two stories are connected due to the characters, yet you will find yourself constantly looking for other connections - I mean, how could such horrendous, gut-wrenching events occur without some kind of connection? I'll never tell! You must read it for yourself! Better yet, start with the "Sandman", then follow up with "Nightscream". Take my word for it, this is one book deal you definitely want to be a part of...
Amy B

One of the Best Books of the Year
Having taken extra time to do an excellent job, we readers are especially happy that this wonderful book has been WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I felt this books spoke to me and opened me up to the world of WWII and the women who lived through it. Please read this book YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.
Elizabeth Van Liere

Dare to Do
The Nightingale is the most powerful novel I believe I have ever read. The characters came to life before me. Courage, determination for what is right, and a hope for tomorrow made this a favorite book.

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance