MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Martian, plus links to write your own review.

The Martian

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Martian

Anne C. (01/09/15)

Survival of the Creative
I first read this book on my Kindle and immediately recommended it to my husband and son, who are an engineer and a scientist respectively. I have always loved science fiction, especially what is now called "hard science fiction," as opposed to fantasy-type fiction. I think even those who may not read much sci-fi will enjoy this book, because it is an incredible story of how the main character uses every bit of his knowledge, ingenuity, and creativity to survive when he is marooned on Mars. Each time he seems to have solved the latest problem, another one comes along. You can't help but wonder what you would do in a similar situation! If you enjoy reading about extreme adventures and overcoming danger, read this book!
AmyG (03/15/14)

AWESOME
I read The Martian quite awhile ago, as a free Kindle book, and I was simultaneously riveted and blown away by this book.

The story is so unique, the POV is really readable, the science is "interesting" and the whole package is definitely worth your time.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes Jack McDevitt (Moonfall, The Alex Benedict books, etc).

The Martian will make you laugh, cry and be incredulous all in one read. I loved it.

Mars, the Red Planet

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun