Reader reviews and comments on Enon, plus links to write your own review.

Enon by Paul Harding

Sep 2013, 256 pages
    Jul 2014, 256 pages

Elena Spagnolie

There is 1 reader review for Enon

Kathy

Sad, sad story
What a sad, sad book. Having lost a much older child in a tragic accident, I could identify with Charlie’s loss, pain, and lack of will to continue living. However, unlike Charlie, I had the love and support of my husband, other children, family, and friends. This is a heart-wrenching story about poor Charlie, who makes his daughter, Kate, his life. When she is killed, he has no boundaries; no job; no apparent friends; his wife leaves him; he has nothing left to define his life; turns to drugs and alcohol; and, “lives” in the past and dreams. Many times, I was hoping in the next chapter that Charlie would finally reach the depths of his despair and pull himself back together. A sad, sad tale.

• Book Jacket: The Graybar Hotel