Reader reviews and comments on The Explanation for Everything, plus links to write your own review.

The Explanation for Everything

by Lauren Grodstein

The Explanation for Everything by Lauren Grodstein

Sep 2013, 372 pages
    May 2014, 384 pages

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for The Explanation for Everything

Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (11/19/13)

Doesn't live up to its title
First of all, I recognized this as contemporary "literature" by the often and unnecessary use of vulgar language--it seems to be the norm now. That should have also been the clue that this novel would not turn out the way I would have liked.

Grodstein portrayed her Christian characters as unattractive and annoying, although as we got to know Melissa better her character became more likeable; maybe that was the author's attempt at balance? Although she did give a little attention to a reasonable explanation of intelligent design, the themes of inner change, healing, and learning to forgive were obviously Grodstein's focus. Ultimately some readers may be left feeling that nobody has any explanation for anything. This book might provide interesting topics for a book club discussion, but not for me.

The Scopes Trial

Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library

K Your F C