What readers think of Night Film, plus links to write your own review.

Night Film

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for Night Film

Diane S.

Night Film
This book is so many different things, but all of them are exceedingly well done and well thought out. I usually do not read books that are over 400 pgs. because by then I am bored with the book and wishing it was over. Yet, I now may have to revise because I have just read two books over the magical number of pages and have rated them both a five.

Night Film has the requisite number of chills and thrills along with a noir tone and three amazing characters. Usually when reading this kind of book I do not get emotional but near the end of this book, I so loved the threesome, I did get a little teary eyed when they all thought the case was over.

Scot McGrath, had been burned and disgraced by Cordova years before, a disgraced journalist has few options. Cordova is a mythical film maker, shrouded in mystery, rumors of black magic and missing children. People who work on his films either disappear or are never the same. This book is a journey into a dark subculture, a noir cult an obsessive quest by those who have been seduced by the Cordova lure. His daughter Ashley's supposed suicide brings Scott back into his obsession with this family.

A complete package, original plot filled with police reports, newspaper headings, illicit websites, leading to an amazing look at those who are different than us.

book:The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock and Other Poems|118389is the Cordova family manta. So of course I had to read that while I was reading this book. I still had some questions at the end of the book, but did like that the author did not stuff some phony ending down the readers throat but trusted them enough to reason their own way through. I also think that the solution, the finding of the truth, the quest for answers, was in the end not the main reason, but it was the journey itself that was the reason for the story.

Wonderfully entertaining. I found it was best to go slowly and totally immerse myself in the story.

David Lynch

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel
    Kristin Harmel's historical novel The Forest of Vanishing Stars was very well-received by our First ...
  • Book Jacket: African Europeans
    African Europeans
    by Olivette Otele
    The nexus of Africans and Europeans is not a recent historical development. Rather, the peoples of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N