Reader reviews and comments on A Fort of Nine Towers, plus links to write your own review.

A Fort of Nine Towers

An Afghan Family Story

by Qais Akbar Omar

A Fort of Nine Towers by Qais Akbar Omar

Apr 2013, 416 pages
    Apr 2014, 416 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for A Fort of Nine Towers

Power Reviewer Melinda (06/23/14)

A Fort of Nine Towers
“I have long carried this load of griefs in the cage of my heart. Now I have given them to you. I hope you are strong enough to hold them.” Qais Akbar Omar

Qasis shares his unforgettable story of a simple loving family and a country in endless turmoil and conflict. His family is torn apart by the destruction war brings as well as its hideous atrocities committed against its own people based on religious and tribal differences.

Afghanistan is a country misunderstood and its culture is suffering at the hands of discord. Qasis writes with honesty and openness. His story is affecting as well as inspirational serving an example of resilience. A family among many impacted by the endless and long suffering of a country at odds. A must read for all to become aware of what is happening in this country often under a veil of intrigue.
Laurie (08/21/13)

fascinating
I loved this book. Be warned, it has some absolutely horrific occurrences, but overall it is a heartwarming story of people sticking together and supporting each other in the most trying conditions. The book gives good insight into what it was like in Afghanistan as the various factions were fighting. The lives of everyday, decent people were literally turned upside down.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Education is the period during which you are being instructed by somebody you do not know, about something you do ...

O My D B