Reader reviews and comments on The Round House, plus links to write your own review.

The Round House

by Louise Erdrich

The Round House by Louise Erdrich

Oct 2012, 336 pages
    Sep 2013, 336 pages

Karen Rigby

There is 1 reader review for The Round House

Power Reviewer Diane S. (01/01/13)

The Round House
This story could be read for so many different themes, coming of age story, Indian culture, family, crimes and many more but no matter why one is reading this the story is compelling. Erdrich has a knack of telling stories, with vivid descriptions and wonderfully rounded characters. Her prose is both authentic and brutally honest at times. A horrid crime against a woman on the Ojibwa reservation in North Dakota, sets in motion a moral dilemma and causes a family including a thirteen yr. old boy to age prematurely. Yet her characters as always show determination and resilience, a hope that all will eventually change and turn out well. One of the things that I like most about her books are the way she always mentions someone who has been a prominent characters in one of her previous novels. That this book also points out the many ways the American Indian has been let down, the unfairness of the legal system and ways they can hopefully be fixed. For me this book was amazing, as usual for this writer.

The Ojibwe

Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

K Your F C