Reader reviews and comments on This Is How You Lose Her, plus links to write your own review.

This Is How You Lose Her

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for This Is How You Lose Her

MamaCubana (09/08/13)

Expected More
The author was gifted, I had read him before. The subject interesting, I am a Latina immigrant after all. The reviews outstanding, how can I go wrong?

Unfortunately, this book did not quite achieve my apparently unrealistic expectations. He's a good writer of good stories. But in this case I could not stomach the dysfunction that no character wanted to improve. I couldn't stand reading about so many weak female characters. Could that many women be that desperate? Finally, I REALLY disliked the intense level of misogyny in virtually every male character. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if there was an underlying message of perseverance, growth, or strength. But alas, I found no message if triumph. That only left me wondering....what's the point of reading this? The world is frustrating enough. I read to escape it not wallow in it.

New Jersey's Demographic Shifts

Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground.

K Your F C