Reader reviews and comments on This Is How You Lose Her, plus links to write your own review.

This Is How You Lose Her

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for This Is How You Lose Her

MamaCubana

Expected More
The author was gifted, I had read him before. The subject interesting, I am a Latina immigrant after all. The reviews outstanding, how can I go wrong?

Unfortunately, this book did not quite achieve my apparently unrealistic expectations. He's a good writer of good stories. But in this case I could not stomach the dysfunction that no character wanted to improve. I couldn't stand reading about so many weak female characters. Could that many women be that desperate? Finally, I REALLY disliked the intense level of misogyny in virtually every male character. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if there was an underlying message of perseverance, growth, or strength. But alas, I found no message if triumph. That only left me wondering....what's the point of reading this? The world is frustrating enough. I read to escape it not wallow in it.

• Book Jacket: The Immortalists
    The Immortalists
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    The Hearts of Men
    by Nickolas Butler
    Set mostly in the woodlands of north Wisconsin, Nikolas Butler spins a familial saga that explores ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win The Driest Season

Win One of 50 Copies of This Exceptional Debut!

A deeply affecting story of loss, heartache, and—finally—hope.

A J O A Thousand M B W O S