Reader reviews and comments on Mission to Paris, plus links to write your own review.

Mission to Paris

by Alan Furst

Mission to Paris by Alan Furst

Jun 2012, 272 pages
    Jun 2013, 272 pages

Karen Rigby

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Mission to Paris

john miller (05/08/14)

didn't try with this one
Furst has certainly let himself down with his latest. Loved all his previous novels but this effort is lazy with an absurd plotline. He just hasn't tried and it shows.
Power Reviewer Colleen L. (01/24/14)

World World II Espionage at its' Best!
I love reading about World War II because there are so many interesting aspects to this war and so many new things to learn. I knew Paris was hotbed of rumors just prior to the war but had no knowledge of the Germans who actually lived in the city. This book takes place in Paris just prior to the start of World War II. Although fiction, Mr Furst has done excellent research about Paris life in those days. I love how the action of the book continues to build till the very end. The author also doesn't waste words but simply tells a compelling story. This is a quick read with a very satisfying ending. I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks to Random House for the free book ( I won it in a contest)....I never would have picked up an Alan Furst novel and now I will be going back and reading all his prior books. His writing is truly enjoyable.
Gael (07/23/12)

Mission to Paris not up to Furst standards
This book must be a disappointment for all of the Furst fans out there. Mission to Paris reads like a movie pitch. There is no intellectual quality to any of the characters. He creates atmosphere in some places but most of the book lacks tension or drive.
alexander (06/26/12)

dribble
I have read all of Furst's books and his last 2 have been grand disappointments. This one is boring, superficial, and a waste of time (and $)! I have read elsewhere that Furst writes as if he is trying to attract a movie offer-well he's got a script for a trashy Hollywood film (let's see, is Clooney available and can he speak with a weak Austrian accent?) I have read the NY times review and Washington Post, don't believe them; this book is simply awful ( can you spell sycophants?). Joseph Kannon and Philip Kerr are FAR superior.

Parisian Highlights

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

The only completely consistent people are the dead

Y S M B, I'll S Y