Reader reviews and comments on The Chaperone, plus links to write your own review.

The Chaperone

Karen Rigby

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Chaperone

Louise J

Fantastic Read!
The Chaperone is a wonderful novel of self-courage that is filled with insight yet gracefully poignant. I loved this book and might just read it again!
Sandra Walters

Liked it quite a bit
I heard part of 'The Chaperone" on Sirius book radio and that made me want to read the entire story. I'm a fan of "old Hollywood" stories, and I enjoyed this book a lot. The author writes well and her characters and the situations they encounter are not pat or predictable. It was a fine read.
reader

disappointed
Too many story lines going, with many unanswered questions. Who was the lady with the red shawl, what was in the letter?

Louise Brooks

• Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly