MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Chaperone, plus links to write your own review.

The Chaperone

Karen Rigby

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Chaperone

Louise J

Fantastic Read!
The Chaperone is a wonderful novel of self-courage that is filled with insight yet gracefully poignant. I loved this book and might just read it again!
Sandra Walters

Liked it quite a bit
I heard part of 'The Chaperone" on Sirius book radio and that made me want to read the entire story. I'm a fan of "old Hollywood" stories, and I enjoyed this book a lot. The author writes well and her characters and the situations they encounter are not pat or predictable. It was a fine read.
reader

disappointed
Too many story lines going, with many unanswered questions. Who was the lady with the red shawl, what was in the letter?

Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Pronounce Knife
    How to Pronounce Knife
    by Souvankham Thammavongsa
    Many examples of immigrant fiction dedicate a portion of their storytelling to exploring details of ...

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water