Reader reviews and comments on Wonder, plus links to write your own review.

by R.J. Palacio

Shikranya

Amazing, so tearjerking.
Sara

Wonder book review
I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse. (A passage from the book)

Wonder is a book about a boy called August who is very different from most other kids but he sees himself as an ordinary kid. As a usual kid, he loves Star Wars, science and Halloween. He also lives with his mum and dad, Isabel and Nate and his sister via. Because of his face problem he has been home-schooled by his parents. Because he is growing up and he is supposed to be in year 5 by now his parents decided it was time for him to join a school. So, he joined Beecher Prep. If you’re a new kid you will know how hard to is to fit in and make friends. The thing is August is just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary and different face. Will he be able to find friends and convince his classmates that he is just like them, despite his face?
(read the book to find out)

R.J Palacio has written this book to bring joy, sadness and laughter all at the same time. One minute you are laughing and the next you are crying in tears. This book is such an uplifting book that tells a marvellous story of August's life. This book is available to all readers. This book is skilled for ages 8 readers.
Bryan Arevalo

Wonder
Wonder is the best realistic story about a kid who has many challenges to overcome and this also inspiring because it tells YOU to not judge people how they look and be their friend.
Keagan

Wondering about Wonder
After I finished this book I couldn't stop restarting it again and again. There's just so much you could learn from it and I thought that the more I read it the more I was understanding and learning! I really used the material that I got from it to help make more friends! If it weren't for "Wonder" I would not have my best friend, she is not deformed or anything but I have back problems and I finally got the nerves to hang out with people not of my kind when I read "Wonder"!!!
Bob

Wonder
A very interesting, heartwarming and fantastic book overall.
LaCaiya21

awesomeness
This book is sweet and touching, you should read the second one also.
Tonya

Wonder
It's the best book ever. It made me cry,
RuthW21

My 9 year old absolutely LOVED this book!
This a is fantastic book for older children and teenagers to read. Its about a boy born with deformities and how he manages to get through life. It is written through the eyes of different characters and remains very realistic through out. I did wonder how my daughter would react but it has given her a greater understanding of people with differences and has enthused her to reading. We wait with anticipation for the author's next book. Please make it soon.

• Book Jacket: Everything Inside
    Everything Inside
    by Edwidge Danticat
    Edwidge Danticat is a Haitian-American writer, and Haiti looms large as a presence in this ...
  • Book Jacket: The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
  • Book Jacket: Marilou Is Everywhere
    Marilou Is Everywhere
    by Sarah Elaine Smith
    "The point is that at that moment in my life," writes the narrator of Sarah Elaine Smith's debut ...
  • Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

A tale of courage in the face of arrogance that remains eerily relevant on U.S. campuses today.

Book Club
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
by Kim Michele Richardson

A story of raw courage, fierce strength, and one woman's belief that books can carry us anywhere.

Win Chase Darkness with Me

How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder? Gather the clues the police overlooked? Put together the pieces? Identify the suspect?

S S A C A Big S