MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Wonder, plus links to write your own review.

by R.J. Palacio

Wonder by R.J. Palacio X
Wonder by R.J. Palacio

• Published:
    Feb 2012, 320 pages

Tamara Ellis Smith

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Wonder

Izzy

Wonder book is COOL BEANS!
WOW! I wasn't sure if I even wanted to read Wonder at first, but the more I read, the more I wanted to keep reading. It was funny, frustrating, sad, and then happy. It taught us all a good lesson... CHOOSE KIND!!
Shikranya

Amazing, so tearjerking.
Sara

Wonder book review
I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse. (A passage from the book)

Wonder is a book about a boy called August who is very different from most other kids but he sees himself as an ordinary kid. As a usual kid, he loves Star Wars, science and Halloween. He also lives with his mum and dad, Isabel and Nate and his sister via. Because of his face problem he has been home-schooled by his parents. Because he is growing up and he is supposed to be in year 5 by now his parents decided it was time for him to join a school. So, he joined Beecher Prep. If you’re a new kid you will know how hard to is to fit in and make friends. The thing is August is just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary and different face. Will he be able to find friends and convince his classmates that he is just like them, despite his face?
(read the book to find out)

R.J Palacio has written this book to bring joy, sadness and laughter all at the same time. One minute you are laughing and the next you are crying in tears. This book is such an uplifting book that tells a marvellous story of August's life. This book is available to all readers. This book is skilled for ages 8 readers.
Bryan Arevalo

Wonder
Wonder is the best realistic story about a kid who has many challenges to overcome and this also inspiring because it tells YOU to not judge people how they look and be their friend.
Keagan

Wondering about Wonder
After I finished this book I couldn't stop restarting it again and again. There's just so much you could learn from it and I thought that the more I read it the more I was understanding and learning! I really used the material that I got from it to help make more friends! If it weren't for "Wonder" I would not have my best friend, she is not deformed or anything but I have back problems and I finally got the nerves to hang out with people not of my kind when I read "Wonder"!!!
Bob

Wonder
A very interesting, heartwarming and fantastic book overall.
LaCaiya21

awesomeness
This book is sweet and touching, you should read the second one also.
Tonya

Wonder
It's the best book ever. It made me cry,

• Book Jacket: All Adults Here
    All Adults Here
    by Emma Straub
    In an author's note at the end of All Adults Here, Emma Straub comments on her decision a few years ...
  • Book Jacket: The Lightness of Hands
    The Lightness of Hands
    by Jeff Garvin
    The stillness that comes right after reading a book that has wrapped itself firmly around your heart...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Half
    The Vanishing Half
    by Brit Bennett
    Brit Bennett's second novel, The Vanishing Half (after The Mothers, her 2016 bestselling debut), ...
    Tropic of Violence
    by Nathacha Appanah
    Marie is a nurse working in Mayotte, a cluster of French territory islands in the Indian Ocean. When...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

M's T W!