MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Wonder, plus links to write your own review.

by R.J. Palacio

• Published:
    Feb 2012, 320 pages

Tamara Smith

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Wonder

Hata (03/03/16)

The book Wonder
The book wonder is a very good book to read. It is interesting and fun to read.
Keagan (08/06/15)

Wondering about Wonder
After I finished this book I couldn't stop restarting it again and again. There's just so much you could learn from it and I thought that the more I read it the more I was understanding and learning! I really used the material that I got from it to help make more friends! If it weren't for "Wonder" I would not have my best friend, she is not deformed or anything but I have back problems and I finally got the nerves to hang out with people not of my kind when I read "Wonder"!!!
Bob (05/27/15)

Wonder
A very interesting, heartwarming and fantastic book overall.
LaCaiya21 (01/13/15)

awesomeness
This book is sweet and touching, you should read the second one also.
Tonya (12/20/14)

Wonder
It's the best book ever. It made me cry,
RuthW21 (09/05/14)

My 9 year old absolutely LOVED this book!
This a is fantastic book for older children and teenagers to read. Its about a boy born with deformities and how he manages to get through life. It is written through the eyes of different characters and remains very realistic through out. I did wonder how my daughter would react but it has given her a greater understanding of people with differences and has enthused her to reading. We wait with anticipation for the author's next book. Please make it soon.
Michael Quinn (08/24/14)

the best book ever
This book is very good because when you start reading it you wonder what's gonna happen next. And I am a 5th grader.
Shailja J. Datt (06/06/14)

Just Wonder
"My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it’s probably worse."
Wonder, this book really has the power to move the hearts and change the minds. When I finally finished reading this book it did bring tears in my eyes. This book is engaging not because of the topic but it dealt with but because of the way its written. The best part is the story is written not only by the main character’s perspective but different characters are turned as narrators in different chapters.
It’s a story that asks the readers to find their way to kindness, empathy and love. It is truly an incredible life changing novel. As teachers we come across different set of children each year and some of them are new comers and being humans we can’t really judge what each one of them is thinking. So it becomes really important for us to observe each child’s needs and act accordingly.
It’s a must read for everyone parents, teachers and students…

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T