Reader reviews and comments on The Newlyweds, plus links to write your own review.

The Newlyweds

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for The Newlyweds

Val (06/20/12)

Bangladesh vs. Rochester, NY
This novel is very well written: a fascinating look at internet romance and culture clash/immigration issues. I was pleasantly surprised by its depth and substance.

I was anxious to read it because it is set in Rochester, NY where I have lived for the last 30 years. One thing this author (who lives in NYC) nailed: When the bride (now in Rochester) calls her mother in Bangladesh for the first time - what she tells her about is Wegman's Supermarket - which is truly a Rochester experience!

Sondesh

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

It is a fact of life that any discourse...will always please if it is five minutes shorter than people expect

K Your F C