Reader reviews and comments on The Newlyweds, plus links to write your own review.

The Newlyweds

Poornima Apte

There is 1 reader review for The Newlyweds

Val (06/20/12)

Bangladesh vs. Rochester, NY
This novel is very well written: a fascinating look at internet romance and culture clash/immigration issues. I was pleasantly surprised by its depth and substance.

I was anxious to read it because it is set in Rochester, NY where I have lived for the last 30 years. One thing this author (who lives in NYC) nailed: When the bride (now in Rochester) calls her mother in Bangladesh for the first time - what she tells her about is Wegman's Supermarket - which is truly a Rochester experience!

Sondesh

• Book Jacket: Salt Houses
    Salt Houses
    by Hala Alyan
    Salt Houses is the story of a Palestinian family living in Nablus; it begins on the eve of the ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of Eddy
    The End of Eddy
    by Edouard Louis
  • Book Jacket: If We Were Villains
    If We Were Villains
    by M L. Rio

Extraordinary Adventures
    by Daniel Wallace

A large-hearted and optimistic novel that is witty, winsome, and wise.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

T's A S B Every M