Reader reviews and comments on The Gods of Gotham, plus links to write your own review.

The Gods of Gotham

by Lyndsay Faye

The Gods of Gotham

Mar 2012, 432 pages
    Mar 2013, 352 pages

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for The Gods of Gotham

Power Reviewer Diane S. (04/09/12)

Gods of Gotham
This was a fantastic historical mystery taking place in 1852 New York City. The potato famine has caused hundreds of thousands of Irish immigrants to flock to New York, causing untoward problems between the protestants and the newly arrived Catholics. The Five Point area, 6th district is a poor violent area full of corruption and crime. A new police force, the predecessor to the NYPD is formed, the men wearing the badge are called Copper stars by the residents. Add to that a murderer of children and two very different but likable brothers, one a police captain and one a regular copper.This author has such a command of time and place that I felt most of the time that I was actually back living in this place. Could feel the fear, tension and the hatred of the residents. Very well written and atmospherically dark, I really liked this novel and I believe, or rather hope that it is the start of a new series.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review