Reader reviews and comments on Forgotten Country, plus links to write your own review.

Forgotten Country

Donna Chavez

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Forgotten Country

Chari Burdick

Family
This was a very well written story of family interaction and the relationships between the members.
After moving to Michigan from Korea many years earlier we join the sisters Janie striving to always to do the right thing and and her younger sister Hannah who is resistant to tradition.
Their father is diagnosed with cancer, at which time her parents make it clear once again she is responsible for her younger sister who has left with no word to anyone.
This begins the wonderful story of understanding the past, her own and her parents, the struggle to be the good daughter while fulfilling her own needs. Resentment with her sister for appearing to lead her life in own way.
The author draws you into this family as they return to Korea for her fathers final days. We watch Janie works through understanding of her history and of who she is.
You will not be disappointed reading this book.
Redhead reader

Forget about it
When I finished Forgotten Country, I thought 'Forget about this book'. I kept waiting for something to happen, a reason to keep reading. Nothing ever happens.

The Kwangju Massacre

Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

Win Mothers of Sparta

Mothers of Sparta: A Memoir

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!