Reader reviews and comments on Forgotten Country, plus links to write your own review.

Forgotten Country

Donna Chavez

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Forgotten Country

Chari Burdick

Family
This was a very well written story of family interaction and the relationships between the members.
After moving to Michigan from Korea many years earlier we join the sisters Janie striving to always to do the right thing and and her younger sister Hannah who is resistant to tradition.
Their father is diagnosed with cancer, at which time her parents make it clear once again she is responsible for her younger sister who has left with no word to anyone.
This begins the wonderful story of understanding the past, her own and her parents, the struggle to be the good daughter while fulfilling her own needs. Resentment with her sister for appearing to lead her life in own way.
The author draws you into this family as they return to Korea for her fathers final days. We watch Janie works through understanding of her history and of who she is.
You will not be disappointed reading this book.
Redhead reader

Forget about it
When I finished Forgotten Country, I thought 'Forget about this book'. I kept waiting for something to happen, a reason to keep reading. Nothing ever happens.

The Kwangju Massacre

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S