What readers think of The Song of Achilles, plus links to write your own review.

The Song of Achilles

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Song of Achilles

Jay

Just read it.
I have read this book over and over again and have countless passages highlighted and marked. The storytelling is beautiful and heartbreaking and absolutely magnificent. It's not too fast but the story doesn't move slow enough to be boring and the whole time I was captivated. If you're contemplating reading it, just do it.
Salama

The song of Achilles: a review
One of the best books I've read in a while. The song of Achilles pulls you in and you kinda just keep flipping the pages, that before you know it, you're at the end and feeling so sad because you wanted it to go on forever. Madeline miller is truly an amazing author
Christine

Best Book I Ever Read About Troy
I loved this book! The prose was wonderful. It was the best historical fiction I've read, and the story was told in a way that didn't make me bored with the subject. I'm hoping for another book by this author.
Louise J

Storytelling at it's Best!
I looked at this book many, many times on the shelf at Chapters trying to decide whether I really wanted to read this book or not and if it would be something that would interest me. I’m happy to report it is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! The novel is packed with a story like no other. The deep friendship that develops between Achilles and Patroclus, who eventually become secret lovers, is a testament to the bonds of attachment and companionship that often happened during this era. Protecting each other at all costs was a high priority on their list.

But when a crossroads has come and something needs to be done it is Patroclus was steps up to the plate on behalf of Achilles and what happens is truly heartbreaking bringing tears to my eyes.

The Song of Achilles is timeless, rich with historical detail and full of promised destinies that don’t ever quite come to fruition. I would highly, highly, recommend this book to everyone.
Diane S.

The Song of Achilles
Miller has managed with her easy way of storytelling to make the Trojan War, the mythology behind it as well as the friendship between Achilles and Petronus, accessible to all readers. Putting her own spin on how this friendship became so strong and how this strength led to Achilles downfall she has written a novel that has beautiful prose and poignant scenes that let the reader keep following to the very end. Brilliant and a very likable book.

The Evolution of Achilles

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Vape
    Big Vape
    by Jamie Ducharme
    In Big Vape, TIME reporter Jamie Ducharme studies the short but inflammatory history of Juul. Her ...
  • Book Jacket: Love and Fury
    Love and Fury
    by Samantha Silva
    Mary Wollstonecraft is best known for being an early advocate for women's rights and the mother of ...
  • Book Jacket: Walking on Cowrie Shells
    Walking on Cowrie Shells
    by Nana Nkweti
    The stories in Nana Nkweti's dexterous debut collection examine the raw alienation of being ...

The War Nurse
by Tracey Enerson Wood
A sweeping novel by an international bestselling author based on a true World War I story.

The Personal Librarian
    by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray

The little-known story of an extraordinary woman who defies all odds.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N