MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Song of Achilles, plus links to write your own review.

The Song of Achilles

Aug 2012, 384 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Song of Achilles

Salama

The song of Achilles: a review
One of the best books I've read in a while. The song of Achilles pulls you in and you kinda just keep flipping the pages, that before you know it, you're at the end and feeling so sad because you wanted it to go on forever. Madeline miller is truly an amazing author
Christine

Best Book I Ever Read About Troy
I loved this book! The prose was wonderful. It was the best historical fiction I've read, and the story was told in a way that didn't make me bored with the subject. I'm hoping for another book by this author.
Louise J

Storytelling at it's Best!
I looked at this book many, many times on the shelf at Chapters trying to decide whether I really wanted to read this book or not and if it would be something that would interest me. I’m happy to report it is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! The novel is packed with a story like no other. The deep friendship that develops between Achilles and Patroclus, who eventually become secret lovers, is a testament to the bonds of attachment and companionship that often happened during this era. Protecting each other at all costs was a high priority on their list.

But when a crossroads has come and something needs to be done it is Patroclus was steps up to the plate on behalf of Achilles and what happens is truly heartbreaking bringing tears to my eyes.

The Song of Achilles is timeless, rich with historical detail and full of promised destinies that don’t ever quite come to fruition. I would highly, highly, recommend this book to everyone.
Diane S.

The Song of Achilles
Miller has managed with her easy way of storytelling to make the Trojan War, the mythology behind it as well as the friendship between Achilles and Petronus, accessible to all readers. Putting her own spin on how this friendship became so strong and how this strength led to Achilles downfall she has written a novel that has beautiful prose and poignant scenes that let the reader keep following to the very end. Brilliant and a very likable book.

Tropic of Violence
    by Nathacha Appanah
    Marie is a nurse working in Mayotte, a cluster of French territory islands in the Indian Ocean. When...
  • Book Jacket: Death in Mud Lick
    Death in Mud Lick
    by Eric Eyre
    When Eric Eyre, investigative and statehouse reporter for the Charleston Gazette-Daily, began ...
    Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water