Reader reviews and comments on The Song of Achilles, plus links to write your own review.

The Song of Achilles

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Song of Achilles

Christine

Best Book I Ever Read About Troy
I loved this book! The prose was wonderful. It was the best historical fiction I've read, and the story was told in a way that didn't make me bored with the subject. I'm hoping for another book by this author.
Louise J

Storytelling at it's Best!
I looked at this book many, many times on the shelf at Chapters trying to decide whether I really wanted to read this book or not and if it would be something that would interest me. I’m happy to report it is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made! The novel is packed with a story like no other. The deep friendship that develops between Achilles and Patroclus, who eventually become secret lovers, is a testament to the bonds of attachment and companionship that often happened during this era. Protecting each other at all costs was a high priority on their list.

But when a crossroads has come and something needs to be done it is Patroclus was steps up to the plate on behalf of Achilles and what happens is truly heartbreaking bringing tears to my eyes.

The Song of Achilles is timeless, rich with historical detail and full of promised destinies that don’t ever quite come to fruition. I would highly, highly, recommend this book to everyone.
Diane S.

The Song of Achilles
Miller has managed with her easy way of storytelling to make the Trojan War, the mythology behind it as well as the friendship between Achilles and Petronus, accessible to all readers. Putting her own spin on how this friendship became so strong and how this strength led to Achilles downfall she has written a novel that has beautiful prose and poignant scenes that let the reader keep following to the very end. Brilliant and a very likable book.

The Evolution of Achilles

by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes