Reader reviews and comments on The Taliban Shuffle, plus links to write your own review.

The Taliban Shuffle

Kevin Bartolotta

There is 1 reader review for The Taliban Shuffle

Davee500

Distasteful Dribble
This book represents self-serving drivel from what I view as a failed journalist trying to justify her own self grandiose view of her ability to report on events in Afghanistan/Pakistan and India. Her references to being a "war/adrenalin junkie" and returning to life as a "civilian" in the US sums up her self-dillusion. At no time was she part of any military forces operating in these areas, so one is left wondering what she means that she is now a "civilian" other than to conclude she is a idiot. An embarrassing self-justification of a failed journalist and author showing the reader how inept she was at understanding the situation she confronted and an inability to report/write objectively.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Transcendent Kingdom
    Transcendent Kingdom
    by Yaa Gyasi
    Yaa Gyasi's (pronounced "yah jessie") Transcendent Kingdom is, among other things, a meditation on ...
  • Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C