MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Madame Tussaud, plus links to write your own review.

Madame Tussaud

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Madame Tussaud

Andrea R. (11/04/11)

Madame Tussand was fascinating
We have all heard of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and perhaps even visited it, but did you know who Madame Tussaud was? This book answers that question with an exciting account of the French Revolution and the involvement of many of the most important revolutionary figures with Madame Tussaud. We thought it was a great depiction of the time and really made it come alive. This was a great history lesson-look at how history keeps repeating itself. The wide gap between rich and poor has been the undoing of many a government - Russia in 1917 is another example. We talked about the role of the newspapers in spreading both rumor and truth, and how the newspapers of that time invented things to sell papers, just as we see happen today. It was also interesting that so many of the people came to the exhibit to see what was happening - with no photography, camera phones or television, it was the only way the common person knew what these people and places looked like. Most members commented on the process of creating the wax figures and exhibits - we found it so interesting! In all, we learned so much and really enjoyed the story. We would recommend it to all book clubs!
Valerie F. (05/30/11)

Greatly lacking
I couldn't get very far in this book, because it felt so fake and forced. The writing was so flat, and it didn't feel like there was any real emotion behind it. It just seemed unrealistic and I didn't find it as interesting as the descriptions I'd read. Disappointing.

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

• Book Jacket: Redemption Road
    Redemption Road
    by John Hart
    Themes of loyalty, family, honesty and trust play out strongly in Redemption Road, which tells the ...
  • Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun