What readers think of The Informationist, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Informationist

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Informationist

mainlinebooker

Harrowing!
I read this book when it first came out but I only remember not being able to put it down. I just finished her latest sequel,The Innocent,and have to let everyone know that they should run out and read it. It is just as good as the first!! Fast paced chiller action with a character that keeps reminding me of Lisbeth Salander!
J Edeker

Must Read
Fast paced and loaded with excitement. Heroine kicks butt with apologizing or whining about her life. This is a must read for all who love suspense. Can't wait for the next one!
Eddy Matthews

Looking for something new?
If you are a Brad Thor, Vince Flynn, Lee Child fan. If you like "The Girl" books and you are looking for something new, definitely check out Taylor Stevens "The Informationist" I know it is a worn out statement to say "I couldn't put it down", but with this book I could not. In my humble opinion Ms Stevens is the most exciting new author on the scene. I am so looking forward to her new book "The Innocent" which comes out in late dec.
gsbarbie

Pick up this "can't put down" thriller!
I highly recommend this fast paced thriller! Ms. Stevens does an excellent job creating an interesting plot with complex characters. I wanted to keep turning the pages to find out what was in store. Be aware that once you start reading this book, you won't want to put it down. It is that good! Planning to read the next books in this series.
Peggy Kincaid

Dark Africa
This is just a wonderful read. Mystery, suspense, thrills and chills abound in this book. It is also a very solid plot line telling you so much about Africa keeping your attention riveted until the very end. I am looking forward to the next book and hoping this will be a series that will just continue to garner more and more raves.

If you are a fan of the Steig Larrson books you will certainly enjoy meeting Michael. She is a very unusual person. This book is great for anyone who loves suspense and travel. Book Clubs should find this a fascinating book to discuss in so many ways from the characters, the locale and why we are who we are as humans.
CarolK

One Gutsy Woman
I picked this one up for several reasons. First, I love the title and the picture it evokes. An Informationist, someone who deals in information. In this case this person is one Vanessa "Michael" Munroe,. That's the second reason I picked up the book. Reviews depicted Vanessa/Michael as one strong female,a character trait I like in my reading. Third reason; reviews called it a gripping, fast paced, high octane thriller. And lastly, I picked it up as it is debut fiction, always a treat for me.

So did it deliver? Yes on several counts, almost too much so. Munroe is intelligent, tough, ruthless when she needs to be, and yet there is a feminine side that she knows how to play and says woman all the way. The story is definitely fast paced and would keep any thriller fan engaged. Munroe is being compared to Lizbeth Salander of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo fame but though I see some similarities, I didn't immediately make this connection. Yet, if you liked Dragon, I think you'd like this too.

I liked the way Taylor Stevens revealed bits and pieces of Munroe's background, the things that make her who she is, throughout the book. I love the switchback changing of names, rapid fire at times; Vanessa, Michael, Monroe, each revealing their own complexity of character, almost like three different people contributing to the intrigue of the story. What didn't quite work for me was Munroe's ability to come out on top of some very serious situations. You know what I mean, the Indiana Jones sort of story, where coming out alive is almost unbelievable. Normally, I'd say, hey this fiction, suspend belief, and just enjoy the ride. Here, though, it detracts from the whole for me. Munroe is enough of a guerrilla warfare type gal, gutsy and well-trained, that taking it over the top is not necessary.

I need not tell you much more. A synopsis of the book will give you a better picture of plot. A solid 4; a good summer read, great setting (Africa) and interesting character. I'm certain we'll see a sequel.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Women and Children First
    Women and Children First
    by Alina Grabowski
    After Lucy Anderson falls to her death at a high school party, no one in Nashquitten, her gloomy, ...
  • Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C