MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Dangerous Edge of Things, plus links to write your own review.

The Dangerous Edge of Things

Cindy Anderson

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Dangerous Edge of Things

JeanT (04/21/12)

Went Off the Edge
I seem to be in a distinct minority among the various reviews I have read, but I did not find this book particularly enjoyable or credible. I've done volunteer work with police officers and have been friends with detectives and patrol officers at various points in my life life. The idea that an untrained civilian who is a witness and a sister to another potential suspect would be allowed, much less invited, to participate in a homicide investigation just stretched my credibility past the breaking point.

We are given no information on Tai's background to allow us to believe she has the requisite investigative skills that would provide her entree into this situation. I frankly did not care much for or respect Tai in this process and found Trey to be the only intriguing character. It was a slog for me to finish the book and only did so on behalf of my Mystery Book Club.
Power Reviewer JaneN (03/20/11)

The Dangerous Edge of THings
Wow, another strong female crime character!! There is more mystery than meets the eye in this book. First off we have a dead body in the opening scene and the fun begins. Tai Randolph has just inherited a gun shop in Alabama form her dead redneck uncle. Her brother is a mysterious character involver with a high end security firm called Phoenix. Her partner in this book turns out to be Phoenix employee who is an ex-cop with serious neurological issues. His name is Trey Severs and he is one dangerous and loyal character. There are plenty of other characters to like and dislike in this book. Garrity, Trey’s old partner is one top like. Landon and Marissa and the Senator and his wife inspire more dislike than like although at times the line between the two is extremely fine.

While trying to figure out why someone ends up dead in front of her brother’s quiet house, Tai soon finds herself in over her head. This is Atlanta after all full of ghosts both old and new. Tai’s occupation, before the gun shop, seems to have been that of as tourist guide. She will use that information and other friends to help her get to the bottom of this. She believes that her brother Eric is somehow involved in the actual murder, she is wrong !

Tai solves the murder with the help of Trey and along the way questions her feelings for him. The two of them start out on a bad footing but the soon they are trusting each other, him more than her. They need to trust each other because a wild ride starts that leads to the solution.

The plot is well developed and believable. Overall a good murder mystery that will hold your interest from start to finish.

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q