Reader reviews and comments on Yellow Dirt, plus links to write your own review.

Yellow Dirt

Jul 2011, 336 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There is 1 reader review for Yellow Dirt

Tammy Morales

I never knew and I lived in the outskirts Gallop, NM a short while.
When I read this book. It haunted me about the short time I resided there among some of the proudest people I've ever came across. Now I know why the chief kept pointing at a particular area and called the mountains, ' Fire Mountain.' I stayed with a Navajo family at the time and remember the people around there were poor and talk about cancer was looming in the community. I saw a little girl there with her hands that resembled claws and she could barely walk. I read this book and realized I was there and experienced the pain and anguish in the mothers eyes as her daughter laid wasting away from cancer and her deformities. It broke my heart. Kudos to the author for bringing this tragedy out in the open. The government and big greedy corporate jerks need to be held highly accountable for such atrocities. I stayed there in 1978 and to think my youngest child's deformity may be directly related to that exposure. His fingers on his left hand were fused together at birth... That made me think of that little girl. What other atrocities have the government covered up? Thank you Judy for having the courage to step up and expose those involved. A great book. Hopefully she can expose the real truth behind the Nevada Test Site. Many poor people were harmed behind all those nuclear tests bombs and are also fighting the government today. So many other covered up stories out there and many people are dying from lies and blatant cover ups today. Our planet is slowly becoming a toxic wasteland. It's only a matter of time before most of the life on this planet dwindles to yellow dirt and we all turn into yellow dust.

The Navajo Nation

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes