Reader reviews and comments on Juliet, plus links to write your own review.

Juliet

by Anne Fortier

Juliet by Anne Fortier X

Aug 2010, 464 pages
    Jul 2011, 464 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Juliet

Dorothy T.

Great fun!
This novel has suspense, intrigue, romance, and more twists and turns than the underground of Siena! Anne Fortier has a gift for the genre and a skill with words.
Shirley F. (Franksville, WI)

Juliet has it all!
It's hard to believe that this is a debut novel. The characters are so well developed, the plot is engaging and believable and the essence of Siena and the Contraldos are inherently a part of the story. I loved going between contemporary Julie and 14th century Julietta and never thought that the story actually took place in Siena - I even visited the famed balcony in Verona! The author had just the right amount of history, romance, mystery and secrets to keep me interested and to keep my mind working to unravel the secrets. Romeo and Juliet is probably Shakespeare's most easily accessible play, and Juliet by Ann Frazier is, in my mind, the most interesting look at the development of that story.
Rita K. (Bannockburn, IL)

Juliet by Anne Fortier
I knew I would like this book when I read it was on the scale of The Thirteenth Tale. 'Juliet' was very intriguing, the way Fortier kept switching back and forth between centuries really kept my interest. Didn't want to put it down. Definitely will recommend to my two book clubs as I know they will thoroughly enjoy the book too.
Kathy S. (Coral Gables, FL)

Gets better and better
I have to admit, when I first starting reading, I thought I had it figured out and was going to be bored for the rest of the book. I was WRONG ... I liked being surprised with new facts throughout the book, and especially since not pulled out of thin air, just to make the story work. The more I read the more I wanted to continue to read to see what was coming up next. It was a great mix of going back in time back to current time. Both stories on their own we very engrossing, together make it a very good book, which I will be recommending.
Diane H. (San Diego, CA)

Juliet
Anne Fortier's new twist on the old Romeo and Juliet story is a winner. In the style of Deborah Crombie, Fortier weaves two stories, seemingly hundreds of years apart, and brings them together at the end in an unexpected way. With likable characters and a compelling mystery, it is easy to stay up way past bedtime lost in Fortier's worlds.
Kendra R. (New Orleans, LA)

Love, mystery & history
The telling of the original story of "Romeo & Juliet" was riveting despite knowing the sad ending, and the current day mystery and love story were captivating as well. The interactions of the current day sisters were sometimes awkward, but a small flaw in a larger story. A great read!
Colleen T. (Lakewood, CO)

Juliet by Anne Fortier
This was an incredible novel. It has an excellent story and character development. I really could not put the book down, I so wanted to find out what happened next. There are enough twists and turns in the plot to keep anyone interested and the characters are very vibrant and complex. I will give this five stars because this book was FUN! Thanks Anne Fortier.
Kathrin C. (Corona, CA)

A Thoroughly Magical Read
Wow - Juliet is one of those amazing debut novels you will be so glad you that did not pass up! This quest-filled historical romance has a shining combination of magic, mystery and romance all told with scintillating humor and contemporary zing!

The Appeal of Doomed Lovers

• Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter