Reader reviews and comments on Juliet, plus links to write your own review.

Juliet

by Anne Fortier

Juliet by Anne Fortier X

Aug 2010, 464 pages
    Jul 2011, 464 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Juliet

Dorothy T.

Great fun!
This novel has suspense, intrigue, romance, and more twists and turns than the underground of Siena! Anne Fortier has a gift for the genre and a skill with words.
Shirley F. (Franksville, WI)

Juliet has it all!
It's hard to believe that this is a debut novel. The characters are so well developed, the plot is engaging and believable and the essence of Siena and the Contraldos are inherently a part of the story. I loved going between contemporary Julie and 14th century Julietta and never thought that the story actually took place in Siena - I even visited the famed balcony in Verona! The author had just the right amount of history, romance, mystery and secrets to keep me interested and to keep my mind working to unravel the secrets. Romeo and Juliet is probably Shakespeare's most easily accessible play, and Juliet by Ann Frazier is, in my mind, the most interesting look at the development of that story.
Rita K. (Bannockburn, IL)

Juliet by Anne Fortier
I knew I would like this book when I read it was on the scale of The Thirteenth Tale. 'Juliet' was very intriguing, the way Fortier kept switching back and forth between centuries really kept my interest. Didn't want to put it down. Definitely will recommend to my two book clubs as I know they will thoroughly enjoy the book too.
Kathy S. (Coral Gables, FL)

Gets better and better
I have to admit, when I first starting reading, I thought I had it figured out and was going to be bored for the rest of the book. I was WRONG ... I liked being surprised with new facts throughout the book, and especially since not pulled out of thin air, just to make the story work. The more I read the more I wanted to continue to read to see what was coming up next. It was a great mix of going back in time back to current time. Both stories on their own we very engrossing, together make it a very good book, which I will be recommending.
Diane H. (San Diego, CA)

Juliet
Anne Fortier's new twist on the old Romeo and Juliet story is a winner. In the style of Deborah Crombie, Fortier weaves two stories, seemingly hundreds of years apart, and brings them together at the end in an unexpected way. With likable characters and a compelling mystery, it is easy to stay up way past bedtime lost in Fortier's worlds.
Kendra R. (New Orleans, LA)

Love, mystery & history
The telling of the original story of "Romeo & Juliet" was riveting despite knowing the sad ending, and the current day mystery and love story were captivating as well. The interactions of the current day sisters were sometimes awkward, but a small flaw in a larger story. A great read!
Colleen T. (Lakewood, CO)

Juliet by Anne Fortier
This was an incredible novel. It has an excellent story and character development. I really could not put the book down, I so wanted to find out what happened next. There are enough twists and turns in the plot to keep anyone interested and the characters are very vibrant and complex. I will give this five stars because this book was FUN! Thanks Anne Fortier.
Kathrin C. (Corona, CA)

A Thoroughly Magical Read
Wow - Juliet is one of those amazing debut novels you will be so glad you that did not pass up! This quest-filled historical romance has a shining combination of magic, mystery and romance all told with scintillating humor and contemporary zing!

The Appeal of Doomed Lovers

• Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!