Reader reviews and comments on Dog Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Dog Boy

Elena Spagnolie

There is 1 reader review for Dog Boy

Roseann (05/26/10)

A Boy Among Dogs
This tale of a boy raised by dogs follows the life of Romochka who at about six years of age leaves his home and follows a nursing mother dog back to her home. He is slowly accepted into the pack and lives a happy life for some time. However, after a few years he notices the mother dog "Mamochka" acting strangely towards him. She leaves the den only to return with a new human baby "puppy"!

The story is both charming and horrifying. Hornung delves into what make us "human" and winds up questioning, are we still not animals. I found the story riveting and although the ending was a bit abrupt, it is well worth the read.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are

K Your F C