Reader reviews and comments on City of Dragons, plus links to write your own review.

City of Dragons

by Kelli Stanley

City of Dragons by Kelli Stanley

Feb 2010, 352 pages
    Aug 2011, 352 pages

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for City of Dragons

Carrol Ann Smith (04/16/10)

Pure Fun
I stayed up until 4 in the morning to finish City of Dragons the first time I read it and enjoyed it so much I have already read it again, something I have never done before.
Kelli Stanley paints such vivid word pictures of 40s San Francisco that I easily imagined I was there, wandering through China Town, hopping on the street cars and climbing the hilly streets. I walked along with Miranda Corby, Private Investigator, and sat with her at her desk in her minuscule office.
The story line was intriguing and plausible, her characters real. I wanted the book to go on and am impatiently waiting for the next fascinating Miranda Corby, PI, tale from Kelli Stanley.

Hard-boiled vs. Noir

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

The fact of knowing how to read is nothing, the whole point is knowing what to read.

Y S M B, I'll S Y