Reader reviews and comments on City of Dragons, plus links to write your own review.

City of Dragons

by Kelli Stanley

City of Dragons

Feb 2010, 352 pages
    Aug 2011, 352 pages

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for City of Dragons

Carrol Ann Smith (04/16/10)

Pure Fun
I stayed up until 4 in the morning to finish City of Dragons the first time I read it and enjoyed it so much I have already read it again, something I have never done before.
Kelli Stanley paints such vivid word pictures of 40s San Francisco that I easily imagined I was there, wandering through China Town, hopping on the street cars and climbing the hilly streets. I walked along with Miranda Corby, Private Investigator, and sat with her at her desk in her minuscule office.
The story line was intriguing and plausible, her characters real. I wanted the book to go on and am impatiently waiting for the next fascinating Miranda Corby, PI, tale from Kelli Stanley.

Hard-boiled vs. Noir

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk
    by Kathleen Rooney

"Effervescent with verve, wit, and heart" - Booklist, starred review

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages