Reader reviews and comments on The Bricklayer, plus links to write your own review.

by Noah Boyd

The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd

Feb 2010, 400 pages
    Jan 2011, 416 pages

There are currently 21 reader reviews for The Bricklayer

Elly M. (Roswell, NM) (12/10/09)

Whew! What a Trip!
Noah Boyd spins a good tale. Through his protagonist, Steve Vail, he takes the reader on one fantastic roller coaster ride with more ups and downs and surprising turns than I've experienced in a long while. Vail bears a strong resemblance to several Nelson DeMille heroes, cut of the same cloth, personality-wise, and I like that! Somewhat distracting, however, were a few unfamiliar acronyms which lacked even a subtle explanation at their first use. In spite of that, this novel captured my imagination; I consider it a winner and definitely look forward to more adventures of the bricklayer.
Power Reviewer Lucy B. (Urbana, Ohio) (12/09/09)

Great Read
Once I started reading this book, I could not wait to see what the bricklayer's next challenge would be in delivering and then finding the ransom money that was paid to keep another person from being killed. I was hooked from the beginning of the book when this former FBI agent single-handedly kept the bank robbers from getting away. I can't wait for Noah Boyd's next book(s) to become available.
Sarah B. (Streamwood, illinois) (12/09/09)

Good, fast read.
This book is action-packed from the first page with many twists and turns along the way. Steve Vail is the main character who like Macguyver can escape from any situation, and James Bond in that he has no regard for rules to get done what needs to be done. The book is easy to follow, and a fast read.
Emily W. (Portand, OR) (12/08/09)

The Bricklayer
This book appeals to those readers who enjoy seeing the big bosses thwarted when they insist on staying on the beaten path.
Steve Vail is a delight to watch as he skillfully outmaneuvers
his FBI supervisors. The clarity of the presentation of the plot is a
plus. Although the reader is kept in mystery, the path is a
good one to follow. Good for high school and public libraries.
Janice M. (Holland, MI) (12/06/09)

The Bricklayer
A new action character has arrived on the scene: Steve Vail - James Bond and MacGyver rolled into one. The story moves along quickly with lots of twists and turns in the plot (sometimes it gets a little difficult to keep up). One thing that bothered me was the frequent use of acronyms (ASAC. AUSA, OPR, AG, UC - you get the idea). An appendix explaining the meaning of them would be helpful. Other than that, it was an enjoyable read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim

Y S M B, I'll S Y