Reader reviews and comments on 36 Arguments for the Existence of God, plus links to write your own review.

36 Arguments for the Existence of God

Judy Krueger

There is 1 reader review for 36 Arguments for the Existence of God

Richard Fauber

Varieties of Character
This is not a book about God at all but one of the roots of identity and discovering oneself. What I found most attractive was the variety of vivid characters, all of whom resemble people I have known but are their own individuals.
Goldstein writes a beautiful lucid prose that never tires. What some reviewers call flashbacks are integral to the protagonist's present, just as we act on the basis of carried images and beliefs. I found it beautifully done. The climactic debate is pitch perfect and incontestably realistic.
But Goldstein is too wise to think that life ends in triumph but instead goes on in a precarious balance of reason and feeling.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are

E Dog H I D