Reader reviews and comments on 36 Arguments for the Existence of God, plus links to write your own review.

36 Arguments for the Existence of God

Judy Krueger

There is 1 reader review for 36 Arguments for the Existence of God

Richard Fauber (04/14/10)

Varieties of Character
This is not a book about God at all but one of the roots of identity and discovering oneself. What I found most attractive was the variety of vivid characters, all of whom resemble people I have known but are their own individuals.
Goldstein writes a beautiful lucid prose that never tires. What some reviewers call flashbacks are integral to the protagonist's present, just as we act on the basis of carried images and beliefs. I found it beautifully done. The climactic debate is pitch perfect and incontestably realistic.
But Goldstein is too wise to think that life ends in triumph but instead goes on in a precarious balance of reason and feeling.

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think.

K Your F C