Reader reviews and comments on Nothing to Envy, plus links to write your own review.

Nothing to Envy

Stacey Brownlie

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Nothing to Envy

Book W

A Must Read!
This is a "must read" for everyone no matter the age, origin, gender or geographical location. You can't help coming away feeling humble - on so many planes and for so many reasons. I am in awe, witnessing the human spirit through Barbara's text. A true eye-opener. A great text for teachers and book clubs.

Barbara Demick is to be applauded for her years of research, interviews, travels, and dedication to a country and a part of history that must be told. I could not put this book down.
chetyarbrough.com

Delusion & Deception
Everything to hide, everything to lose, and “Nothing to Envy” summarizes Barbara Demick’s book about North Korea. Demick peels back the edge of a curtain that hides North Korea from the rest of the world. Mrs. Song, Oak-hee, Mi-ran, and Jun-sang paint a picture of a gray country (because of little electricity) wracked by hunger and controlled by a dictator (Kim Jong-Il) and his army. Demick reveals a country that faces a grim future. “Nothing to Envy” makes a listener believe North Korea’s government is destined to fail. Time and incident will cause its collapse.

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Comedown