Reader reviews and comments on Nothing to Envy, plus links to write your own review.

Nothing to Envy

Stacey Brownlie

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Nothing to Envy

Book W

A Must Read!
This is a "must read" for everyone no matter the age, origin, gender or geographical location. You can't help coming away feeling humble - on so many planes and for so many reasons. I am in awe, witnessing the human spirit through Barbara's text. A true eye-opener. A great text for teachers and book clubs.

Barbara Demick is to be applauded for her years of research, interviews, travels, and dedication to a country and a part of history that must be told. I could not put this book down.
chetyarbrough.com

Delusion & Deception
Everything to hide, everything to lose, and “Nothing to Envy” summarizes Barbara Demick’s book about North Korea. Demick peels back the edge of a curtain that hides North Korea from the rest of the world. Mrs. Song, Oak-hee, Mi-ran, and Jun-sang paint a picture of a gray country (because of little electricity) wracked by hunger and controlled by a dictator (Kim Jong-Il) and his army. Demick reveals a country that faces a grim future. “Nothing to Envy” makes a listener believe North Korea’s government is destined to fail. Time and incident will cause its collapse.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers