Reader reviews and comments on K Blows Top, plus links to write your own review.

K Blows Top

A Cold War Comic Interlude Starring Nikita Khrushchev, America's Most Unlikely Tourist

by Peter Carlson

K Blows Top by Peter Carlson

Jun 2009, 352 pages
    Jul 2010, 352 pages

Micah Gell-Redman

There is 1 reader review for K Blows Top

Thomas Riley (07/22/10)

Fun and frothy history
Great read! Even tho' I'm not old enough to remember Kruschchev and much of the cold war, I enjoyed these history of Nikita's visit to US in 1959. Surprisingly funny. Great background info on how foreign dignitaries are handled or, in K's instance, not. Full of characters, well known and otherwise. Always a bit of melancholy involved when thinking of how Americans were so naive and trusting before Kennedy was killed. Wonderful time capsule.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Children are not the people of tomorrow, but people today.

O My D B