Reader reviews and comments on In the Kitchen, plus links to write your own review.

In the Kitchen

Judy Krueger

There is 1 reader review for In the Kitchen

Ann

Libro aburrido
(Review translated from Spanish)
The story is quite tedious and boring. It took me a lot of work to finish it. It contains a lot of unnecessary information and the events are often told in a disorderly way with a kind of flashbacks that contribute nothing to the story; they make it disorganized. On the other hand, to describe the confused state of the main character, the author sometimes writes thoughts interspersed with conversations, which do not really reflect what she wants (to show the confusion of the character). They just make the book more tedious.

The characters lack depth and there are several clich├ęs in the book, which also do not help to capture the interest of the reader. The experience on the farm (last 5 of the book) is interesting; however, the main character does not do anything with the information. And then the story with the Lena girl, which according to the author generates very intense feelings to the chef, but it does not happen to be a passing character (also without a joke - nothing of "mysterious", as it is described in the back cover of the book) . In short, the author fails to convey any interest in the main character, who is painted as uninteresting, boring, indecisive. In other words, reading the book has not given me anything at all.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes