Reader reviews and comments on The Earth Hums in B Flat, plus links to write your own review.

by Mari Strachan

The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan X
The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan

• Paperback:
    Jun 2009, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Earth Hums in B Flat

C

The Earth Hums in B Flat
This is a book written with a lot of freshness. Definitely not the same old, same old. It is written from the perspective of 12-year-old Gwenni. She hears about things in her small village in Wales she wants to understand and no matter how many times she is told to mind her own business or who tells her, she has a irrepressible spirit that doesn't give up. There is a disappearance of a man in the village which is a mystery she is determined to get to the bottom of. I was enchanted by Gwenni and the stories of her small village and the people who live there.
Diane

The Earth Hums in B Flat
A delightful book. The author gives us Gwenni's young voice in perfect pitch. A quirky cast of characters and a seemingly straightforward murder combine to keep the reader and Gwenni guessing. Not your mother's Agatha Christie novel!
Alan

The Earth Hums in B Flat
This is the story of a gentle, imaginative 12 year old who is the narrator and voice of the story of a small Welsh town in the 1950's. It is a story of long hidden secrets and enlightening revelations. This coming of age tale is a great read. Highly recommended.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Salt Houses by Hala Alyan

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S