Reader reviews and comments on The Earth Hums in B Flat, plus links to write your own review.

by Mari Strachan

The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan X
The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan

• Paperback:
    Jun 2009, 336 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Earth Hums in B Flat

C

The Earth Hums in B Flat
This is a book written with a lot of freshness. Definitely not the same old, same old. It is written from the perspective of 12-year-old Gwenni. She hears about things in her small village in Wales she wants to understand and no matter how many times she is told to mind her own business or who tells her, she has a irrepressible spirit that doesn't give up. There is a disappearance of a man in the village which is a mystery she is determined to get to the bottom of. I was enchanted by Gwenni and the stories of her small village and the people who live there.
Diane

The Earth Hums in B Flat
A delightful book. The author gives us Gwenni's young voice in perfect pitch. A quirky cast of characters and a seemingly straightforward murder combine to keep the reader and Gwenni guessing. Not your mother's Agatha Christie novel!
Alan

The Earth Hums in B Flat
This is the story of a gentle, imaginative 12 year old who is the narrator and voice of the story of a small Welsh town in the 1950's. It is a story of long hidden secrets and enlightening revelations. This coming of age tale is a great read. Highly recommended.

• Book Jacket: The Kinship of Secrets
    The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim
    Of our 20 First Impressions readers who submitted reviews for The Kinship of Secrets, all rated it ...
  • Book Jacket: Empire of Sand
    Empire of Sand
    by Tasha Suri
    Tasha Suri's debut novel, Empire of Sand, reads like something out of 1001 Arabian Nights, both ...
  • Book Jacket: In Byron's Wake
    In Byron's Wake
    by Miranda Seymour
    It's tempting to think that our age of celebrity worship coupled with the 24-hour news cycle is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Latecomers
    The Latecomers
    by Helen Klein Ross
    The Latecomers is the third novel written by acclaimed author Helen Klein Ross, following What Was ...

Force of Nature
by Jane Harper

As atmospheric, tense, and explosive as her New York Times bestselling debut, The Dry!

Golden Child
    by Claire Adam

A deeply affecting debut novel set in Trinidad, following the lives of a family as they navigate impossible choices.

Win To Lay To Rest Our Ghosts

To Lay to Rest Our Ghosts

"Caitlin Hamilton Summie is our modern Chekhov."
- Savvy Verse & Wit