Reader reviews and comments on Sashenka, plus links to write your own review.

Sashenka

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sashenka

Sandy W

Great read
This book was a classic for historical fiction in that it gave me so much information dealing with a period in history I know little about. Sashenka's life and dealings with the KGB were fascinating as well as how the existence of the secret police affected everyday citizens in Russia. Excellent read.
Vivian

Sashenka
Well written and descriptive of the time. One forgets exactly how dangerous it was to live in the time of such upheaval in Russia. The Czar is deposed and killed and the people think/hope/believe it will be a better place to live. The era under Stalin was not a safe time and the possibility of being reported and tortured and either imprisoned in the Gulag or be put to death did not contribute to a good life.The survival of the children was heartwarming. It was good to realize one person did do so much to help them live after the parents were taken away. Would recommend reading it.

Driving Miss Norma

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E