Reader reviews and comments on Graceling, plus links to write your own review.

by Kristin Cashore

Lucia Silva

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Graceling

Julia

A Piece of Art
I started this book 2 days ago and I finished it one day ago. This book is amazing. Every word Kristin touches turns into gold. The fantasy in the novel was so well thought out and mind blowing that the book just consumes you into a complete and utter world of fantasy and adventure. AMAZING!
Sammy Dykes

OMG!!!!
THIS IS AN AWESOME BOOK!!! I'm a major reader but I rarely get into a different book without someone else telling me about it first. I also rarely read a book more than once. I have read Graceling twice, the Hunger Games once (though I'm working on reading it again), Eragon series once (but it was awesome and i cant wait for the new book!) and the Twilight series too many times to count! I love books like these ones and I love Graceling because its just awesome!! I sometimes refer back to it when I'm writing something myself. It helps to have it for inspiration. I wish there was more than just Fire and Graceling! They were both awesome books! I wish there was more!
Abby

Graceling
I love this book so much! I couldn't put it down! It provides a world that fantasy readers will love reading about.
Mark

Graceling
This book is astonishing. Fantasy readers will be compelled by the mix of love, suspense, fighting, and mystery all in one. By far a phenomenal novel and an astonishing, suspenseful read.
Kady

Excellent but not for everyone
Graceling is an engaging tale that is clearly suited to a young teen audience. Thought the premise is certainly different the plot holds few surprises. If you are looking for something exciting and easy to follow this is a wonderful read. I greatly anticipate future books from Ms. Cashore as there was some room for improvement. If you are looking for something more than mildly thought provoking, you are looking in the wrong place.
Ray Ray

Took me by Storm!
This was an amazing book, I just couldn't put it down. I love the setting and the plot....It had me on my toes wanting to know whats going to happen next, there's romance, adventure and a little humor. Everyone needs to read this, you will never put is down
Alice

A perfectly good plot ruined
Let me first say, the plot for this novel was wonderful. The idea of Graces and Gracelings was intriguing to me. When I started the book, I thought it was alright. Nothing extraordinary, but it was okay. About halfway through, I realized it was terrible. All of the main characters follow some sort of stereotype, especially Katsa and Po. The character development was terrible. The romance ruined it. A girl who says she is never to fall in love, falling in love? Overused and pathetic. This reminded me of Twilight, which is one of the worst books I have ever read. The climax was about the only section that interested me, and it was short. This could be a good book for people who like romance and books like Twilight, but for people who like novels that actually focus on the fantasy genre, you should pick up something better.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

The Shadow King
by Maaza Mengiste

An unforgettable epic shortlisted for the 2020 Booker Prize, and named a best book of the year by the New York Times.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C