Reader reviews and comments on The Heretic's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

The Heretic's Daughter

Lucia Silva

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Heretic's Daughter

Kallee (05/29/16)

Boring
I don't know how everyone likes this book so much. It is incredibly boring and takes way too long to set up the story.
Lisa (05/22/10)

Great Read
I loved this book and passed it along to my daughter. The book is beautifully written and not only leaves you with a profound understanding/reminder of family and love, it provides you with a history of our past and reminds you what fear and ignorance is still capable of producing in our in our society today.
ReaderLady (12/01/09)

The Heretic's Daughter
Ms. Kent is a very descriptive and engaging writer. Her painstaking research is obvious. However, the book is extremely sluggish in the beginning, and even later on. She gets bogged down in too many details and the story doesn't go anywhere for a long time. That said, it is an interesting read and probably more historical than fiction. This author is talented and no doubt has much more to share. What the book really needed was a good editor.
Cathy M. (08/26/09)

Enlightening book about the Salem witch trials.
Kathleen Kent's novel, from the perspective of young Sarah Carrier, was moving and informative. The Salem witch trials, and that time in history, were obviously well researched by Kent and written so that the reader can see and feel what the characters lived through.

An easy and fast read. Even though you know what's coming, you won't want to skip a page!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Y S M B, I'll S Y