Reader reviews and comments on A Map of Home, plus links to write your own review.

A Map of Home

by Randa Jarrar

A Map of Home by Randa Jarrar

Sep 2008, 304 pages
    Aug 2009, 305 pages

Karen Rigby

There is 1 reader review for A Map of Home

Power Reviewer Kim (01/04/09)

Wonderful comingofage novel
I think finding a well written coming of age novel that features a female protagonist is a rare event. Most of those I've read in this genre have had a sacharine-sweet lack of realism that has left me less than enthusiastic about the story. A Map of Home, by Randa Jarrar, however, is an exception. Jarrar's heroine, Nidali, narrates her life history with such honesty that I had to constantly remind myself the book wasn't an autobiography. I truly enjoyed this portrait of an average teen in a progressive westernizing Muslim country. It was at once familiar and exotic, and overall very entertaining.

The Summer Before the War
    Tender
    by Belinda McKeon

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

K Your F C