Reader reviews and comments on Savvy, plus links to write your own review.

Savvy

Mar 2010, 368 pages

Jo Perry

There are currently 24 reader reviews for Savvy

Emilee bowman (09/08/10)

from a 12 year olds eyes.
This book is a nice book to read. If you like adventure nonfiction and a little funny, this is the book for you. Me being 12, this is an easy book to understand! I just can't put it down!
soccerchick (08/18/10)

SAVVY ROCKS
alright so it was 4 weeks before school and I hadn't read savvy. and I was all like "uggggggg: I DO NOT want to read this book!" but then I read it and it was the best book ever and I finished it in 1 day because I couldn't stop reading it (and I am not much of a reader)!
Julia Gulia (06/16/10)

Beautimous
I was astonished by this book. The story is both entertaining and heartrending, and Law's writing style weaves together every element of the story. The book is not only a kids' story--it is children's literature. I am not a young adult, so I read this book with the target age range in mind, but I was entertained and moved by the story as well as impressed by the literary quality of Law's writing.

In the story, Mibs gets her "savvy"--a special know-how that every member of her family gets on their 13th birthday--and spends two days trying to get to her father in the hospital to use her savvy on him. On the way, she discovers that her savvy is not what it seems--and neither is becoming an adult. A coming-of-age tale that mixes adventure with self-discovery and even a touch of romance, I will be shocked if you do not enjoy this book.
Ady (05/18/10)

cewl
I think this book was cool off the charts. I liked the plot and the imagination and some real life situations! :)
Izabella (03/11/10)

Remarkable Book
I LOVED this book. It was filled with action, kindness, and, of course, Mibs savvy. Mibs savvy is unknown to her at first but then she finds out what it is and is proud to be a Beaumont. This book is worth recommending.
Savvy fan (01/06/10)

My favorite book
I think this book is very descriptive and is very captivating. This book would be an awesome read for ages 10-13 because it talks about the mixed up teenage years.

Savvy fan and I approve of this message!
Savvy rocks!!!!!!!!
Jonas Fan (07/16/09)

Savvy Review
I thought this was a very good book, but I thought it would have been nice if she used titles for the chapters so if anyone needs to go and find something it would be easier to find. Overall this book will pull readers right in.
sup with savvy (04/26/09)

Try it with me, here we go!!!
It is okay and good, but is very long. There are also some strange words...

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P